• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Scratched Pinlock Visor-Rant

belrix

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Temps here in SEKS have dropped (again) into the mid-30's through mid-40's, I guess I'm a heavy breather and my visor fogs up pretty easily and when I went to install my pinlock visor it was scratched! I mean it looks like it has been slid across concrete!!! Strangely it hasn't moved from the location were I put it when I removed it.

I'll survive without a pinlock visor until I can order a replacement, my Shoei Neotech flows good air, my cheeks will just be a little cool while riding to the Hillbilly Hangout II.

I have a couple of theories on how the visor could have been scratched:

1. I suddenly started sleep waking, grabbed the visor, took it outside and slid on the concrete under my foot.

or

2. Gremlins have invaded my house.

I'm going with Gremlins, darn buggers are mischievous and stealthy.

Rant over!

belrix

I had a similar issue. Temps warmed up here in Arkansas a few weeks back. I took my pinlock out and left it near the toolbox. I should have put it back in the felt sleeve. Gremlins (my 5 and 7 year old) thought it would be fun to use this as a shovel in the empty plot next to my house. We had a really good rain a week or so ago and the humidity was sitting at 100%. I decided to throw the pinlock back in and that is when I discovered a dirty mess. Naturally my two Gremlins said that niether of them did it.

Ditto on putting it in the protective sleeve, my fault for not doing that.

My particular Gremlin is a 6 month old house cat of my daughters. I'm guessing the cat knocked down the visor, the daughter stepped out it and was nice enough to put it back on the shelf. Neither are admitting to any knowledge of the event.

belrix

I like the view through my visor with it removed and I have read that using one at night can cause some light scatter due to the light traveling through two panes in close proximity.

Never thought of that. I did make the mistake of cleaning it onetime with eyeglass cleaner. Really screwed it up, but re-cleaning it with water seemed to fix it.

I ride everyday in the dark with my pinlock in and have never had any light scatter. I do realize, however, that different visor shapes may offer different results. I honestly don't notice any optical differences between it being in or out. YMMV

I don't ride much at night so I don't have much direct experience, but my pinlock seemed to reduce my field of vision (probably in my mind) and the manual recommends not using it at night.

That being said I wish I had taken better care of mine!

belrix

Back