• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

School me on Bluetooth please!

Yes and no. The SMH10R uses a battery specific to it but it is external, actually a separate piece from the control unit, and therefore user replaceable. Revzilla sells the battery so you can have a spare. Would be nice if it had FM Radio.

Thanks for the information. Only the "R" model has the changeable-chargeable 8 hour battery. I guess this will be the route I will go. It is on sale for $169 as it is the old 3 technology, not the new 4. However, I can just call other biker not on the same technology. Like the idea of a second changeable-chargeable battery, just wish it had FM with 4 technology like the new Sena 20 that you can not change the 12 hour chargeable battery. Just wish someone had a unit with the new 4 technology, changeable-chargeable battery with the 12 hour life span, with FM, but I can not find that animal.

Last edited:
Uclear

I got the Uclear 100 Plus from Cycle Gear. It is inexpensive, boomless (which is a nice feature) and easy to use. The audio is a bit tinny though.

Cycle Gear - Search

I just bought that also. first commute ride was this morning.. I love it, and it is on sale now on the UClear website for $ 99.00 including the accessory pack.

A long shot, have you tried five zeroes?
No, but I did finally read the manual :)

Everything worked as it should.....

Was able to clearly hear the Zumo 590 directions and when a call came in on the bluetooth phone, I could either <ignore> or <answer> it.

I really like not having the wires, a couple of times when dismounting I actually reached up to unplug the headset..Old habits die hard I guess. Found I used the FM radio more than I thought I would...was nice when running at 2am to listen to some music.

The Schuberth SRC system is contained completely in the collar of the helmet...I thought that might restrict battery life to an unacceptable level. Turns out during my 24 hour rally that battery life was fine....it was the least of my issues ;-)

I give the entire system (Garmin 590/Schuberth SRC) a hearty thumbs up...

Back