• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Safe tire pressure

I really don't care what others run the pressures at. I asked what is safe. I asked because many people run recommended tires pressures on dual sports and than wonder why their bikes handle so badly in sand and loose soil. I run into people that run the max pressure noted on the tire. I prefer my bikes to handle to my liking. And lower pressures accomplish that in the dirt. Sure the tires may wear a bit faster. But I don't mind that.

Taking from experience off road I was wondering how low of pressures would be unsafe. The lower pressure on the NC improved the ride an handling for me. Since I only ride for fun I don't mind getting a bit less miles from the tires.

I think the only real danger, assuming that you replace the tire as soon as it goes out of intended shape, is de-rimming the tire. I do not think it will happen unless you run less than 20 psi. The heat build up is due to extra flexing at low pressure, but then, when it builds up pressure rises, so it is self-limiting.

Many dual sport riders drop the pressure when they get off black top bring it up when they get back on...

Last edited:
Back