• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Safe Spring Riding

SergeantChuck

Commuter Extraordinaire
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I found a decent article and thought I'd share. I think a lot of people in this forum fall into the category. Meaning many of you have not been able to ride for quite a while and your skills may be rusty. Probably not a bad idea to take a motorcycle safety course if you like doing refreshers occasionally.

Although I’ve been able to ride all winter I still have new hazards to look for. There is new road construction popping up all over the place where they lay lager sized loose gravel and allow it to compact before they lay asphalt. The farmers are beginning to cultivate the fields so the farm equipment is carrying dirt on the roads. I’m very familiar with these roads but new hazards are appearing weekly so you’ve got to stay sharp and be prepared for the unexpected.

Anyway, here is the article. It's nothing new. Just a reminder

Cycle Connections Magazine | Motorcycle Rides | Bike Rallies | Motorcycle Reviews | News

It is always good to get reminders like this. And there is nothing wrong with practice. The DMV motorcycle test lot is not far from my home so it is easy to go there and practice occasionally.

"Practice what I preach" that is the hard part for me. "Do as I say not as I do", as the temperature warms up it sure is hard to apply by all the gear all the time. Annual Texas bluebonnet time, that I do not have any problem doing. Gone Riding!6.jpg

SmileTexasCowFarmBoy.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I found a decent article and thought I'd share. I think a lot of people in this forum fall into the category. Meaning many of you have not been able to ride for quite a while and your skills may be rusty. Probably not a bad idea to take a motorcycle safety course if you like doing refreshers occasionally.

Although I’ve been able to ride all winter I still have new hazards to look for. There is new road construction popping up all over the place where they lay lager sized loose gravel and allow it to compact before they lay asphalt. The farmers are beginning to cultivate the fields so the farm equipment is carrying dirt on the roads. I’m very familiar with these roads but new hazards are appearing weekly so you’ve got to stay sharp and be prepared for the unexpected.

Anyway, here is the article. It's nothing new. Just a reminder

Cycle Connections Magazine | Motorcycle Rides | Bike Rallies | Motorcycle Reviews | News

Don't forget flooded roads this time of year will leave all kinds of debris on the road after the flood waters recede.

In California we have to watch for sand on the roads up in the higher mountains. Here they do not use salt, thank god for that one!!!

They primarily use sand where I am in Arkansas. They may use a liquid de-icer on the bridges but for the most part they used sand which is all over the shoulders of the Hwy and when Mr. Semi goes off the shoulder it makes for a nice pebble shower.

They primarily use sand where I am in Arkansas. They may use a liquid de-icer on the bridges but for the most part they used sand which is all over the shoulders of the Hwy and when Mr. Semi goes off the shoulder it makes for a nice pebble shower.

We shipped all the salt in MN to the south this winter, though we can only use salt when it is "warm out" here any how...

I've heard there was a national shortage of salt this year so even places that normally use only salt had to switch to sand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Back