• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Riser for the ignition switch?

CaptDL

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone tried to bring the switch up to where it's accessible? Too hard to get to when it's dark or wearing bulky gloves.

I've had this thought. The wire harness that plugs into the bottom of the switch does not have much extra slack. If you wanted to make a mounting bracket and maybe mount it on the top two handlebar clamp holes, you would have to make a harness adapter to add a couple of inches. Certainly doable if you can find the male and female harness ends.

Might have to modify the handle a bit to fit the NC. And a mirror on your dashboard protector or windscreen if you can't see the key slot...

Car-key-extension.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking it would be nice to have one of the lighted key thing-a-ma-bobs so you could at least see down in there. Gloves do add a bit more confusion to key hole dance.

Having done some wiring on the back side of the ignition switch (installing running lights), I would highly recommend something along the line of WA5VHN recommendation. Not that it can not be done, but raising the switch would be a lot of work, and wasted riding time.

Last edited:
I've gotten into a routine. Put in key and turn to on. Put on left glove while fuel pump runs. Start bike and then put on right glove while the idle settles down.

Back