• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rim job

Excellent thread name! :cool: ;)

As for the wheels... I thought about the same initially, but then it did not fit my idea of all-black bike.

You guys like the title ? :eek:

The tape comes in different colors and styles (thick to thin). Also comes in either straight or sectional pieces.
I got the sectional curved pieces in flourescent red because I read the straight ones were hard to install.

The sectional curved pieces came in 4 sections per side.
Easy to install. Just follow the instructions about cleaning the rim then use the wet method to apply. The wet method is easier to move it around if you make a mistake.

Got it here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251183035244?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Ken

Last edited:
Been looking to do this with my bike too. I haven't seen silver, but I think I'm just going to do white. I'm thinking about going white with the body panels anyway.

I used 7 mm wheel tape in reflective white I got from Cycle Gear. It came with an applicator tool I abandoned half way around the first wheel. It was fairly easy to apply by hand. The eye is easily fooled and white blends well with the silver.

Last edited:
I did mine with the black reflective tape and the wet apply method (only way to go i say, easy to fine tune before its stuck for good). In the daytime you cannot even tell it is there and at night, depending on your distance from the tape it reflects silver/white or a bronze/amber color. I Like it a lot, high quality product from that ebay seller in the first post.

I got fluorescent rim tape instead of reflective tape does anyone the difference? Got the Red/orange stripe. will put them on as soon as I have enough time.

I got to say I am not sure if the tape was 7 mm or 5 mm but the tape on my wheels measures about 5 mm. Cycle Gear sold the tape with and without the applicator tool and on their website it shows 7 mm comes with the tool.

I keep trying to look at the tape, but I keep noticing the widest chicken strip I have ever seen. Do you slow all the way down so you don't have to lean in corners? :eek: :)

Installed my VehicleartzLLC fluorescent rim tape 1/4 inch in red/orange. They just jump out at you, really looks good. They really attract attention, bright in daytime and at night. Wish I had done this years ago!

yeap, they do jump out and grab your attention. :cool:

I was thinking of lunasee system, but the legalities seem very iffy. Thats why I chose the reflective tape.

Ken

Back