• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Riding while standing up

happy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.nc700-forum.com
Hi
has anyone tried this?
Riding while standing up (like Enduro / ParisDakar style)?

I did, last weekend. My 2 legs grabbing the tank area, and I was pleasantly surprised I could still steer the bike relatively good at 60-70kmh.
Of course many people on the road thought I was an ass.
:p

My point is: this bike is so well-balanced.
Easy maneuver!

Yep, I've been out of the seat for short periods of time, curiously prairie-dogging over other vehicles in traffic, and for a bit on the interstate...
"all because the Lady Loves Milk Tray" - a little something for my 700 family across the pond :)

I stand on the pegs on my S when hitting speed bumps at times or going over bad road surface. Easier to do on the S than on my sv650s I owned....

Tony

Last edited:
Anyone who rides dirt bikes will be all t0o familiar with riding standing. You spend more time off the seat than on it.

On the NC, I rise off the seat to absorb the shock when encountering sharp raised bumps, since the suspension compliance is crude in that regard. The NC does indeed handle well in a standing position, however in that position you are not likely able to pull off a hard braking or swerving maneuver.

Greg

Last edited:
I,ve stood up to: break the case of dead ass after an hour in the saddle, take the ache out of the old knees, look over at a canal to see if it was high tide, adjust my shorts-Rossi style, to drive the tail gater behind me to back off from the crazy ass on his motorcycle adjusting his shorts - Rossi style.

I tried that while going at 100km/h..to release the bottom and knee ache... Later I realized that letting our legs down and squeezing our bums be done more easily and safer? That's one reason why I am glad I bought the nc...it has the height to hang our legs down....
For me, I like to stand on the pegs when going over humps...

heh.... this thread reminded me.. riding home from work this week, i pull out of our parking lot to a right turn yield, doing maybe 45 or so. i'm looking to my left to make sure no traffic is coming, just starting to get back up from leaning around the corner, and i see a big glob of mud on the road that looks like it had been run over by a semi truck or two. there was more dirt and smaller globs around it, so i didn't think swerving around it was a viable option, so i stood up just a bit, leaned back and actually caught a little air... not much, but it was kind of funny (at least i thought it was)

I tried standing up while going over a speed bump. I was going fairly fast for going over a bump. the relatively cushy and long travel suspension (compared to what I am used ) worked great. I was pleasantly surprised :cool:

Just tried standing on the NCX today at motorway speeds 100kmh. It was nice easy and safe.... I just lean forward and place my head over the dash. Remember not to brake in a hurry.

Back