• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Riding gear questions

I'm looking at the Sliders All Season 2 Motorcycle pant and they seem like a good first step but GAWD, could they be any more frumpy looking? I don't know who decided to have a potbellied guy in a polo shirt model them but he sure looks a bit comical. ;D I'm a tall guy at 73" and a not too heavy 185 pounds and once I got past my Momma buying me clothes 2 sizes too big so that I could grow into them, I've always avoided the Saggy Baggy Elephant look. :)

Dave,

First of all, I commend you for giving this thought and seeking information from other riders.

I have one simple rule, I protect what I value. Needless to say, that's pretty much my whole body. I wear ATGATT and spare no expense. Like OCR, I have the Motoport Kevlar Ultra Mesh 2 piece. Other than racing grade leathers, it probably provides the best abrasion and impact protection on the market. It's almost completely mesh so in the hot, humid summers we get in the Washington DC area, it's tolerable. I usually wear Heat Out base layer underneath in that kind of weather. In the winter, I wear Gerbing heated jacket and pant liners underneath and my rain suit on the outside (to keep out the wind). I look like Charlie Brown dressed up for winter, but it works really well, I can ride into the teens that way.

To all who haven't yet decided on ATGATT, a little preaching, I hope you don't mind. The decision to ride safely and protect ourselves is not about us, it's about our loved ones and protecting them from the pain and anguish if you were seriously injured or worse.

When I bought the FJR, my first street bike. I decided my DS off road gear was not enough protection. I bought some Fieldsheer gear for my wife and I. It must be the heaviest gear made. But it does provide plenty of protection and is waterproof. The venting has been adequate up to about 95F. I did buy some JoeRocket mesh jackets which have been nice when it gets hot. Still looking for more information and this thread provides plenty of ideas to check out.
022_zpsaa3de448.jpg

My gear is a little big for me now but is still comfortable.

Back