• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Riding clubs

Rabbit

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all, had a general question for anyone who might know. Where can I find a list of riding clubs in my state or local area? I'm seriously hoping to find a club that is just a group of weekenders that love to ride together and enjoy the fellowship that brings. Anyone have any ideas? All I can find locally (Ohio wise) are links for MCs and that is just not my cup of tea. There used to be a great little RC in the next town over, but they stopped meeting a couple years ago.

None of the RC's in my area will take a non-Harley rider. The Warlocks keep things pretty tight and limit clubs and what can be done on their turf.

Primum non Nocere

Southern Cruisers Riding Club has an all inclusive, no dues policy. They're mostly cruiser style riders, so I don't really fit in, but nevertheless the people I have met have been very nice and welcoming. I know they have chapters all over, not just in the south. I've enjoyed going on group rides with them, and it might be wroth checking out since there is no commitment.

Check the BMWMOA for a BMW club local to you. I've been a member of the BMW Motorcycle Owners of Vermont for about ten years. We don't care what you ride to our meeting so long as you show up. The BMWMOV treats every member equally and any member can run for office whether you own a BMW or not with the only limitation being Vermont residency for the top officer slots. Board members can be from anywhere. Some BMW clubs let non-owners join but don't allow them to vote.

Mostly repeating what others have said - Check for local meetups on Meetup.com, there are several motorcycle groups on there where I live.

BMW clubs can be great, I was a member of one that was awesome. Very friendly and welcoming, they did a camp out every year, and the riders took trip together. Dues were $15, and there was never any pressure to actually join @ pay. BTW I've never owned a BMW, and probably never will.

Ok Dude... First my Screaming MIMI.. FERAL AND FREE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Seriousy now- If you just want to see who has NCX's..
A: Post a thread in General Chat asking about who's in Ohio? See who replies.
1: Post a thread in "I'm going for a ride you coming?" adn or "upcoming events", with Ohio in the title. See who bites.
2: See who wants to go where and decide together on an outing.
3: Go have fun!

B: Have you googled Ohio riding groups?
C try MEETUP! as per drdubb's & zirconx's suggestion, (that's where the our local "Gator Riders" hangout.
Just throwing some suggestions....
FFC

Last edited:
Well, I never thought about Beemers. I figured with a Honda I wouldn't qualify. Good to know! Thanks for the suggestions, hopefully I can find some nice people.

In general, not always, the word "club" implies something serious.
Casual groups tend to say association or group.

You could contact as many Honda dealers as you can find to see if either they have NC's selling that you can get word out to owners for a ride or just a riding group in general (not bike specific) from Honda owners.

There is also the Star Riding groups if they are still around.

What about posting a few notices at a couple local businesses about starting a riding group.

My wife and I usually ride alone.

This way when I want to go an hour away for ice cream, wham-o, on the road!

It is hard to get multiple people agreed upon for a destination or date or even time.

If we want to ride in a pack we will call one or two, set up the details, and if they want to call anyone else have at it!

It can be fun to ride in a group but I sure do enjoy riding alone a lot also.

God bless!!

Michael

Where do you live in OH?

I belong to Motorcycle Sport Touring Assn (MSTA) and we have many regional events and one national event, plus lots of local stuff, 2 breakfasts per month with one in Columbus and the other in Waynesville. I've been a member since 1990 when it was called the Honda Sport Touring Assn. If you punch MSTA into Google Search you'll find our webpage.

At least for me, one of the advantages of belonging to a club is that there are always people you can ride with vs having only 2-3 local guys which doesn't always work out.

Hey all, had a general question for anyone who might know. Where can I find a list of riding clubs in my state or local area? I'm seriously hoping to find a club that is just a group of weekenders that love to ride together and enjoy the fellowship that brings. Anyone have any ideas? All I can find locally (Ohio wise) are links for MCs and that is just not my cup of tea. There used to be a great little RC in the next town over, but they stopped meeting a couple years ago.

I find that state or local motorcycle forum are a good place to find info on rides or groups in your area.

https://ohioriders.net/

Ride Ohio - Powered by vBulletin

https://www.facebook.com/OhioRiders/

Ride With Tank

BMW RA Chartered Clubs in Ohio | BMW RA

and there are many! Goldwing rider clubs in Ohio that are open to any kind of bike
GWRRA | Find Your Nearest Chapter

Last edited:
Where do you live in OH?

I belong to Motorcycle Sport Touring Assn (MSTA) and we have many regional events and one national event, plus lots of local stuff, 2 breakfasts per month with one in Columbus and the other in Waynesville. I've been a member since 1990 when it was called the Honda Sport Touring Assn. If you punch MSTA into Google Search you'll find our webpage.

At least for me, one of the advantages of belonging to a club is that there are always people you can ride with vs having only 2-3 local guys which doesn't always work out.

About an hour east of Columbus. I'll check out the MSTA. Thanks!

Back