• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Replacing Pillion Seat with Rack/Fuel Cell??

Bug Dr.

Reaction score
Visit site
When I travel I typically fill a Moto Fizz bag with camping gear and carry it on the pillion seat. Having the fuel filler under this seat is still a concern I have about owning this bike. I enjoy camping and do not want to give up this feature of travelling as it saves money and I like being outside.

Question: Has anyone removed this seat and fabricated a rack or a rack on top of a fuel cell?

When I buy this bike I will also purchase aftermarket panniers and top case but I'm certain I will need the seat to place camping gear on when travelling.
Thanks,
Mike

When I travel I typically fill a Moto Fizz bag with camping gear and carry it on the pillion seat. Having the fuel filler under this seat is still a concern I have about owning this bike. I enjoy camping and do not want to give up this feature of travelling as it saves money and I like being outside.

Question: Has anyone removed this seat and fabricated a rack or a rack on top of a fuel cell?

When I buy this bike I will also purchase aftermarket panniers and top case but I'm certain I will need the seat to place camping gear on when travelling.
Thanks,
Mike

I camp and use a Moto-Fizz bag too. I attach it with two ROK Straps and it takes about ten seconds to access the fuel opening. It doesn't take any longer than taking the quick-disconnect Bags-Connection Engage tankbag off of my BMW gas tank for a refill. On the road, the 220-250 mile range is quite adequate for most places. I may carry a one gallon RotopaX in remote areas which takes it over 300 miles.

This is my approach as well. I use a 10" x 24" dry bag for camping stuff. I use two Rok Straps attached to the Givi rack arms to secure it across the pillion seat. While I haven't gone camping with it yet I benched tested it getting ready for the Blue Ridge Gathering. It unclips and clips back on in a few seconds - about like moving a tank bag to gas up a regular tank. Makes a dandy back rest as well.

I have thought about a metal rack to replace the seat but it would have to be fairly high off the seat height to clear the raised seat.

BTW, welcome Bug Dr.! Good to see you over here.

I thought about using Rok straps instead of the four straps that come with the bag as these would be quicker at fuel stops. I typically put my Pico chair in between the seat and bag.....might have to get a Kermit after all.
Mike

I thought about using Rok straps instead of the four straps that come with the bag as these would be quicker at fuel stops. I typically put my Pico chair in between the seat and bag.....might have to get a Kermit after all.
Mike

Kermit is THE camping chair. I love mine.

Back