• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

replacing OEM footpeg

Lice Locket

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all

Last night I dropped my bike and the right footpeg broke. For some reason I cna't find any OEM style footpegs for the NC700x. Is there any aftermarket ones that can fit the original footpeg mount?

Here is the relevant page if you want to buy OEM replacements.

2012 Honda NC700X AC STEP | Babbitts Online
LL,
$78.00 plus shipping seems a lot for the stock foot pegs metal frame. I'd go with after market. I'm taller so I also went for replacement foot pegs that are lower, (more leg room).
Or check the prices at Pro-Caliber in Washington State.

I have a right OEM peg that Beemerphile sent me for the high price of shipping. Well a matched pair, but I had your problem on the left. I do not have the pin or spring. Yours if you want it.

On eBay, a pair of very similar to OEM pegs shipped from China are $17 with shipping included. They do include the parts. I ordered a pair but they haven't arrived yet. You are welcome to buy those pegs too when they arrive. These differ slightly from stock on the feeler stub (I always hit my toe before the feeler) and a circlip instead of a cotter pin.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
I've replaced mine with aftermarket pegs too. Don't pay $78.00 plus shipping. I'll figure out where I got mine and update this post later.

Twisted Throttle Adjustable Footpegs

image.jpegI replaced my OEM footpegs on my 2012 NC700X with the convertible ones from Twisted Throttle. They are significantly wider, I believe are more comfortable, offer two adjustable heights, and allow you to remove the rubber insert for a more aggressive "bite" with your footwear if you plan on going off-road. After 3,000 miles I'm completely satisfied with this swap.

I have a right OEM peg that Beemerphile sent me for the high price of shipping. Well a matched pair, but I had your problem on the left. I do not have the pin or spring. Yours if you want it.

On eBay, a pair of very similar to OEM pegs shipped from China are $17 with shipping included. They do include the parts. I ordered a pair but they haven't arrived yet. You are welcome to buy those pegs too when they arrive. These differ slightly from stock on the feeler stub (I always hit my toe before the feeler) and a circlip instead of a cotter pin.
QUOTE]

I got a pair of these in the mail last week. Like a lot of stuff from China they look pretty good but when I took them out of the package I wondered if these things were made out of papier-mâché. The rubber foot pad is a direct copy of the original. The spring pictured is nowhere near as robust as the stock spring. I would not expect the circ-clip to hold the pin in place riding on the street let alone riding off road. I also would not expect these pegs to last more than a day or two mounted on the bike before they broke off. I bought these as an aid in trying to find a way to mount DR350 pegs to the NC without having to resort to using a backyard machine shop. I think I'm going to have to drag my B&D Workmate out of the shed and find an X-Acto knife and a drill bit that is the same size as the stock Honda pin. You get what you pay for. I paid about $17 shipped from China. Think about that for a second, $17 total, shipped from China.

I went with the same foot pegs that AnacortesArmyGuy mentions above. More pricey, but the wider pad area and can be set lower was just the ticket for me. I am completely satisfied with them.

I paid about $17 shipped from China. Think about that for a second, $17 total, shipped from China.

I agree, and I certainly considered that. But it was cheap enough to buy despite that (as it was for you) and for my needs would have worked well. Especially compared to $58 per side for OEM! I don't think the spring robustness makes any difference to function, and circlips work just fine (if often a bit more fiddly to install or remove). More likely than not, Honda could sell the pegs for the same price (if they cared about the parts market - they don't), and the OEM one was probably sourced in China too.

All that said, I'm happy to have the OEM version from Beemerphile and the Chinese ones still haven't come. Based on my broken pedal where the OEM aluminum casting broke leaving the spring and pin intact, most likely so did Lice Locket's peg. So he can message me and I can send him the right peg (no associated hardware).

Last edited:
I ordered the Chinese ones from eBay. Should get them soon and I'll see how they fare. Any other Honda bikes where the footpegs would fit or have identical fitment? I feel the NC700 isn't as popular as other of the Honda bikes, but wondering if I ould sub a footpeg that fit another Honda bike to this bike.

Back