• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Record-Breaking Day - 3.646 Gallons over 263 Miles

Wow! I get nervous went the last bar on the fuel gauge starts blinking and rarely put 3 gallons in the tank, closer to 2.7.

Brave people.

I am the same. Even though I KNOW there's about a gallon left when it starts flashing at me I just can't stand it! I don't think I've ever put much more than 3 gallons in mine either.

I hit 304 miles on a tank and the engine died, didn't even think about cranking it. Pushed it to the gas station across the street. 3.64 Gallons came out to 83mpg. I fear leaving the mountains, my mpg will drop like a stone. I do enjoy pushing my luck though. Just recently put on some Kenda 705's and the mileage hasn't decreased much.

Last edited:
I guess I shouldn't have joked about subtracting the pushing... I ran out of gas tonight. Took 3.645 gallons. Did 254.5 miles => 69.8 MPG

and after pushing 1/3 mile... I didn't subtract sh*t...

I hit 304 miles on a tank and the engine died, didn't even think about cranking it. Pushed it to the gas station across the street. 3.64 Gallons came out to 83mpg.

LOL. That's good enough for me. 3 people have confirmed that ~3.65 gallon is about the max you can put in the gas tank. Times that by 70 MPG and you will surely to have a 256 mile range (in the summer time, under normal condition). :)

Last edited:
I always fill it to the brim. Lol Sometimes that extra drop may save me from pushing.
I keep a 5 gallon jug filled at the house, just in case it's pouring rain,then I don't have to fill up in tbe rain.
Those MSR bottles have saved my bacon more than once. If I happen to ride fast on the tank, I give myself 30 miles after the fuel gauge starts flashing. I figure 50 miles if I kept around the speed limit. Same for cold a d warm weather.

Back