• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rear fender extender.

ricksride

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Unless I missed it somewhere, I couldn't find any info on adding a rear fender extender.
I saw in one post somewhere that the bike of someones bike was covered with mud, (spray), from a rain trip ride.
Any ideas?

I'm looking at this PUIG Rear Fender Extension 6428N or possibly making my own.
154de33a7aa38278cf787eb9f2847c5c.jpg

I recently added one to my bike. Naturally it's been mostly dry since then so the jury is still out on its effectiveness.

IMG_2393.jpg

IMG_2436.jpg

And I wasn't completely happy with the front extender and currently have a 1/16th inch thick piece of ABS, purchased from WalMart online, bolted to that extender.

IMG_2439.jpg

I recently added one to my bike. Naturally it's been mostly dry since then so the jury is still out on its effectiveness.

And I wasn't completely happy with the front extender and currently have a 1/16th inch thick piece of ABS, purchased from WalMart online, bolted to that extender.

One of those Pyramid rear fender extenders came in the mail a couple of days ago. It looked pretty small when I held it in place to get a look at it. I'll be adding a longer, wider piece of black plastic to the back of the extender, one that will run to beyond the top of the license plate. Photos to follow tomorrow or the next day.

I made the extension from a plastic wastepaper basket I bought at The Great Satan (Walmart). I attached the extender with the supplied adhesive tape to the original tail and 3 small rivets at the top to hold the extension. I also added two 1/8 inch by 5/8 inch rivets with backing washers to the pointed end of the extender to hold the bottom of the extension.

I preserved the original outline of the side of the basket rather than trying to match it to the extender, I think it looks pretty good. I'll be using the other side of the basket for the rear shock shield.

I see now why people use Tapatalk, there is no way to add photos from my phone.

Edit\

Edit\\

Here are the better pictures:

image001.jpgimage004.jpgimage009.jpgimage010.jpgimage011.jpgimage012.jpgimage013.jpgimage014.jpg

Last edited:
rear_fender.jpg
Easier, than you think. Take a plastic bucket ( or sg similar ) cut out a piece of it and attach it to the rear fender.
I used vinyl wrap for the outer side. Zip tied between the license plate and the original rear fender.
That is all

Gosh it's nice to see someone else make things out of WalMart waste baskets!

[HERE] is the post I did on that with pictures.

Last edited:
Well, thank you for kind comment!
Function over desgin. If you don't like it, stop watching it!
Try to find sg, that makes you happy, because your reaction, doesn't make me "lol" with you in any way.
Or shall I send you a how-to diagram about this rear fender extender?

As you know, because you must be so talented, de gustibus non est disputandum.
Go and find peace and let the others do, what they like!

Well, thank you for kind comment!
Function over desgin. If you don't like it, stop watching it!
Try to find sg, that makes you happy, because your reaction, doesn't make me "lol" with you in any way.
Or shall I send you a how-to diagram about this rear fender extender?

As you know, because you must be so talented, de gustibus non est disputandum.
Go and find peace and let the others do, what they like!
Mikee- it's all good fun. Even when it may seem a little too overboard. There's real problems to get worked up over out there.
-Mikee Clark

Back