• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rattle in the Front end?

Rob Ray

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

I have about 1200 miles on the bike now and have noticed an annoying rattle coming from the front end when I go over a bump.

The sound comes up from under the handle bars...perhaps from the head light area or down between the forks.

At first I thought it was my frunk lid, but have eliminated that as the problem.

Is there any bracket or cable down under the handle bars around or below the head light area...perhaps between the forks that could be loose and rattling when I hit a bump?

Any one else had this happening?

I want no "weird" noises coming from my bike...even if it only happens on rough pavement!

Thanks
ROB Ray

I just put my entire front end back together about 10 minutes ago. Everything is secured with either a bolt or plastic rivet. If the instrument mounting bracket (also windshield bracket) has broke, you could take you hand and move the instrument panel or windshield.

If happens only at bums, could be a fork slide also. If bike is under warranty, let a dealership fix the front fork problem.

Check the front plastic beak.i had one side move more then the other.this is not a quite running bike.alot of different noises.ear plugs help.check all plastic parts up front and sides.

If it is a plastic squeak rattle then yes I have one of those. Haven’t figured it out yet. Seems to happen more on warm days for me. Figure I need to adjust something on the plastics.

It sounds like a metal clip hitting up against something....probably against metal and it usually only "tings" once per bump....definitely not the key...I only use the one key with nothing attached to it...I'm pretty anal retentive...don't want keys scratching up the bike!

I know this kind of thing is usually hard to find!

Thanks for the input,
ROB Ray

Try putting some WD-40 in the frunk lid locking mechanism, if you see there is some kind of spring in there, mine was a little bit rusty, that solved my annoying sound problem.

Last edited:
Back