• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rally Raid kit for NC700/750X

I went to the Lust website but I couldn't find a " jack up kit" for the NC ???.

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

Until a few weeks ago, I owned a Honda CTX 700 DCT and it has exactly the same rear linkage, the CTX'n I raised with shorter "dog-bone" from e-bay £ 15 + skipping, I still have the original arms remain and they are exactly the same as on the ooriginal NC750xd.

Skärmavbild 2016-04-16 kl. 06.08.27.jpg

Until a few weeks ago, I owned a Honda CTX 700 DCT and it has exactly the same rear linkage, the CTX'n I raised with shorter "dog-bone" from e-bay £ 15 + skipping, I still have the original arms remain and they are exactly the same as on the ooriginal NC750xd.

View attachment 29237

This is VERY good to know..
Thank you ..

Messing with the geometry of a bike is a sure fire way to an accident. The process is way more complicated than most people realize, where even an inch can have dramatic consequences.

I can't agree with that. I have NC700XDLD from Japan (LD stands for "Lowered Down", the bike had suspension from S version from Honda factory). Default suspension was terrible, very bad in corners and aweful at rough roads. I had to tune it to match proper X version, and have added cartridge emulators and aftermarket springs and installed tuned rear shock absorber. After all the tuning I like it much better, NC now behaves like a proper bike now in all conditions. Low priced suspensions just NEED to be tuned :)

I do like Africa Twin though, and really want to upgrade to it. But with all the shipping delays in Europe and US and after earthquake in Japan (Honda have suspended production of motorcycles in Ozu, Kumamoto) it seems that AT will be hard to get in Russia till 2017

Last edited:
So I have been pouring over every wheel bearing chart I can find and the only wheel I can find that will accept our axle is a Vstrom 1000 wheel.I even tried to find bearings with a 20mm inner race and different outer sizes to fit other wheels and no luck.It seems only REAR wheels and 17" fronts use a 20mm axle ( except the Vstrom 1000 ).

That Russian bike looks ok. However the 19" wheel has to raise the front end and the NC does not cope well with that handling wise unless the rear is raised also. If one raises the legs in the clamps to compensate then the fender will come close to hitting chassis or bodywork. I will think twice in future before I do any serious modifications of suspension on a low priced motorcycle. I got away with it on my Triumph but the NC issues still outstand for now.

There has to be a good reason why Rally Raid are not doing a 19" mod for the NC. They know their stuff and if they are not happy to sell that mod then I believe they do not think it is advisable.

I believe the main reason that RR hasn't pursued the 19" NC front wheel is pure return on investment.The number of NC's and the number of owners of the NC that would want a 19" wheel.They are a for profit business and as such they need to see a significant return on every dollar spent on development of all the products they sell.The CB500x was taunted as a ADV bike before it was even available!!.

Just found these.
9f944b0c4edd94170ea2f358b19a94b8.jpg

I went to the Lust website but I couldn't find a " jack up kit" for the NC ???.

I found them and ordered some still waiting though. My goal it to increase ground clearance mainly. I have been half temped to take my NC over to woodys wheel and see if they can't mock up some spoke wheels for my NC they are only 20 minutes away from me.

Last edited:
I found them and ordered some still waiting though. My goal it to increase ground clearance mainly. I have been half temped to take my NC over to woodys wheel and see if they can't mock up some spoke wheels for my NC they are only 20 minutes away from me.

Look online,there is a company producing wire wheels for the NC,but they are in stock sizes.

I just installed my links the are only 20 mm links and it lifted the rear significantly I could flat foot the NC before now with the combo of the higher profile rear tire and the links I'm on the balls of my feet my rear tire is a 150/70/17 705 on the rear now. The center stand in not effective anymore I'm going to have to tack weld some Extention blocks on the feet of the center stand to get it up a little. I have about roughly 8 inches unweighted of ground clearance now with the skid plate installed. Seat height looks to be a tick over 33 inches the bike leans way over now on the kick stand. Handles really good so far I like it.

Last edited:
IF I can find a Vstrom 1000 wheel for a reasonable price I will do the conversion.Did you also do the fork extensions ??.

IF I can find a Vstrom 1000 wheel for a reasonable price I will do the conversion.Did you also do the fork extensions ??.

DL 1000 wheels / rims are spoked 3 and look weak out to run gravel so I'm looking for other solutions and I have an idea for reasonable price! Will return!

I am looking for wheels with larger shaft diameter .... it is very easy to make spacers covering up the difference.

The ONLY 19" wheel with a 20mm axle is a DL1000 !!.
I have been looking for over a month online and in forums and that the only one that I can find.DL wheel are not week,they are ment for a 500++ lb adventure bike with 2x the HP of the 700 .
I have have even looked for other 41mm forks to use but none I can find came with a 19" front wheel.

I have been looking for over a month online and in forums and that the only one that I can find.DL wheel are not week,they are ment for a 500++ lb adventure bike with 2x the HP of the 700 .
I have have even looked for other 41mm forks to use but none I can find came with a 19" front wheel.

XL700 But they have a thinner shaft diameter.

I'm building a wheel! Check "XDX Road Warrior" thread

Sincerely L

Yes I will however I want preload adjustment so my problem is finding Extention caps with preload adjustability. I may have to hit up my friend and see if he can machine one for me he has a medal shop with a cnc machine in his garage. I will let you know and see if he can make 2 sets. I am going to get the suspension done as well. I can surprisingly rip the NC pretty good off road with the 17inch wheel on dirt roads and light trails but those front forks are atrocious.

Last edited:

I believe the 89-90 Honda transalp xl600v has 41mm fork tubes. You could probably tp a complete front end swap and us the stock triple clamps then try to find a front wheel i bet you could find those forks pretty cheap.

Last edited:
I believe the 89-90 Honda transalp xl600v has 41mm fork tubes. You could probably tp a complete front end swap and us the stock triple clamps then try to find a front wheel i bet you could find those forks pretty cheap.

You would need to swap the triple trees also because the transalp is a leading axle design.And if your going to go to that much trouble you might as well swap over to some real forks !!
Or just buy a real adventure bike which is what I will probably end up doing.

Last edited:
Yeah I hear you... And the African twin is the only one I would ever consider that's why I have a deposit down to try buy one but it's proving to be a real pain in the *** and very frustrating I can't get any answers on final price with taxes and set up and a Honda rep even came and talked to the dealer yesterday specifically about that and they still don't know it's just ridiculous. I am 10th on a list long list waiting for one the dealer said it could still be several months away by the time they have one for me. I love the NC and am going to try to keep it but not sure that I can. I just love the dirt and the NC does good for about 80 percent of the stuff I would ride on a adventure bike but struggles when the pace comes up and gets technical. However I also commute year round and the NC is one bad *** commuter. I have a 2008 450x for gnarly tight stuff so with the addition of the AT I could ride 100% of the trails instead of 80% still commute and tour and have the 450 X for the tight technical hard stuff. I have my doubts its going to happen anytime soon. I still think the NC could be a dam good offroader if someone took the time to build a proper set up. I actually contacted rally raid about a kit in development for the NC a couple of months ago and crickets. No response back.

Last edited:
Yes I will however I want preload adjustment so my problem is finding Extention caps with preload adjustability. I may have to hit up my friend and see if he can machine one for me he has a medal shop with a cnc machine in his garage. I will let you know and see if he can make 2 sets. I am going to get the suspension done as well. I can surprisingly rip the NC pretty good off road with the 17inch wheel on dirt roads and light trails but those front forks are atrocious.

I have fork extenders and they are a bit of a pain since I can't fit preload adjusters. With the ones I have I have are flat top so you have to slide them up in the tree to get access to get them off.

I have also thought about the AT but I prefer to NOT have tubed tires and I have heard the same thing about availability of it.
I also have a bike for tight stuff ( street legal XR250R) but need/want a bike for all the other dirt and I'm still deciding how far I want to TRY to take the NC before I hit the " polishing a turd" wall !!.

Back