• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question

One more question for you all. With the low RPM range, have any of you felt or experienced any downside to the rev limiter at 6500?

Thanks!

Nope. It is just different. You instantly have power but run out of revs quicker. For everyday driving or picking your way through tight stuff off road that is better.
Reminds me of a chevy V8 vs a Honda VTEC. The V8 instantly has power where the VTEC is dead below 4k rpm. Now once you get above 4k it is a blast.

One more question for you all. With the low RPM range, have any of you felt or experienced any downside to the rev limiter at 6500?

Thanks!

Nope, not at all. But, I haven't ridden crotch rockets. I came off of sport-tourers (still own one) and shift around 4000-45000 rpms on them and this bike. For me, the rev limiter is no big deal.
Mike

Thanks!

Not a problem for me. I'm accustomed to a Goldwing which has similar power characteristics. But I also had a Ninja 250 which ran out to about 13,000 RPM, so I've been there too.

On the NC700X, I've never come close to the rev limiter in the last 3000 miles. I guess it would be nicer if the engine just ran out out power and then hit the limiter, but it seems like it still has steam and then just shuts off.

Anyway, it's a non-issue for me.

Greg

I guess it would be nicer if the engine just ran out out power and then hit the limiter, but it seems like it still has steam and then just shuts off.

Greg
Agree with you on this, Greg. One day I jumped onto a highway with traffic and was accelerating rather quickly. I hit the rev limiter like a brick wall. I thought something fell off...until I realized what it was. Wish it was a little more gradual or subtle.

started my motorcycle life at thirteen. I usually keep them for a number of years. started with a sport 50 and then a 100,350,450,750,1200 wing, pacific coast, 1800 wing. now the nc . I feel like I am riding a motorcycle again. you know that sound you get when screw that metal gas cap on. or when decide to ride across a field next to the lake. or park on the sidewalk like we did when were kids. I would have likely bought an s model but it is what is. the only way it could be better is if it had been built in America. love that frunk.

I have a red one too ! I more or less agree with all that has been said on here. The rev limiter is not a problem. I was aware of it from the getgo and made adjustments to my riding accordingly. There is brisk acceleration by revving to 4500 in each gear. I also have much more powerful bikes to compare with and am not compromised on this bike.

One thing I will say. The NCX is NOT a dirt bike. Period. It is styled like one but that is all. I have taken mine offroad to my detriment. I whacked the exhaust pipe off a rock and flattened it. 17 inch wheels are totally unsuited to offroad also, as is the budget suspension. The NC will handle graded dirt roads in a similar fashion to any other road bike.

Finally,this is one of the best bikes Honda have produced in years. I am having a ball on it and have racked up nearly 7000 KMs in 5 months. That is in addition to mileages done on my other bikes. The only down side is the harshness of the suspension on very bumpy Irish backroads. However I do not think Honda designed it with that in mind. This bike will commute, scratch around backroads on a sunday morning, and if kitted out properly it will do a world tour. I cannot speak highly enough of it. Best of luck with yours.

Back