• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question on fork gaiters

I have been using the Hippo Hands fork gators for about 6 months now. They are great. If you are going off road a lot, then traditional gators would be better. Something caused a nick in my left fork tube last year and the whole tube had to be replaced. I did not feel like dealing with this again. I really like the look of hard plastic covers but they are more expensive and I could not find any for the nc (last year). The hippo hands gators install in minutes, are easy to clean, and add another reflective patch on the bike. My forks always look squeaky clean. For 20 buck, if they last a couple years then they've paid for themselves! Just my opinion of course.

I have been using the Hippo Hands fork gators for about 6 months now. They are great. If you are going off road a lot, then traditional gators would be better. Something caused a nick in my left fork tube last year and the whole tube had to be replaced. I did not feel like dealing with this again. I really like the look of hard plastic covers but they are more expensive and I could not find any for the nc (last year). The hippo hands gators install in minutes, are easy to clean, and add another reflective patch on the bike. My forks always look squeaky clean. For 20 buck, if they last a couple years then they've paid for themselves! Just my opinion of course.

I have a set installed too. I can't tell if they are doing anything or not but I haven't experience a stone chip that destroyed my seals yet though so I assume they are. :)

I will go for the Triumph bits. Honda used similar on one of their previous models and they worked well. I have found that Bug debris sticks to the fork legs like glue and this actually does get under the oil seals as well as the dust seals. I give the forks a rub of an oily cloth before every ride. One would want to ensure that after fitting the Triumph protectors, that they do not foul anything around the triple clamps on full compression.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382046967817.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382046967817.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 530
  • uploadfromtaptalk1382047003136.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382047003136.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 528
Last edited:
I saw Hippo Hands website has an alternative style of fork gaiters available. It's a super simple design, just a piece of heavy duty nylon reflectorized fabric with velcro fasteners. Installation is ten seconds to wrap it around the fork and you're done. Aesthetics aside, would this approach acheive the same function as the traditional gaiters?

I used an old wet suit, and cut it to shape. Secured it with zip ties.. not super tight...just enough to hold it so it could move.
IMG_1138.jpg

Back