• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question for Eastern Florida residents

NCer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, folks!
Need an advice, please!
I am currently in Miami with my wife. We will be driving (car) back to cold NJ on Saturday morning. :)
Was originally planning on I-95 North, but there are a bunch of constructions going on on it, especially around Jacksonville.
So, 2 questions:

1. Do they work on the roads on Saturdays in Florida?
2. Is there a better route (speed is important, as I need be back home on Sunday).

TIA!!!

Going north from Miami the turn pike is faster until it turns inland around Fort Pierce. 295 is a good option around Jacksonville, and getting through Jacksonville isn't bad unless you hit it at rush hour. 95 through Georgia is fine, but don't be too heavy on the gas going through McIntosh county, they write lots of tickets. County line at Atlamaha river around mile marker 40. I typically pass a half dozen county mouties with at least half of them having a car pulled over. They haven't bothered me at 75 mph, but often catch the guy who passes me.

Your fastest choice is to stick to I-95 EVEN with construction. They tend to ease up on construction on weekends because of long distance drivers. You should be ok (barring some stupid accident). I recommend you download WAZE on your phone and follow its recommendation. It will re-route you if there is an accident.

Rick

Back