• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Pyramid plastic rear shock guard?

MasDixDragon

Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone has tried thr pyramid plastics rear shock guard on a 21 & up model? Is showing earlier models Screenshot_20230719_101328_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for the reference. From the listing second photo I can see there is a definite difference in the rear fender plastics form so the pyramid one most likely would not fit. Appreciate the reply and I think I will try the flap with stiffened modification to prevent slapping/wearing the swing arm paint

i use the Puig rear fender hugger on my 2021 and 2023 nc's.
put the carbon on the red one and flat black on the blue.
easy install, looks nice, protects well.
Some people claim that those huggers build up some dirt and stuff under and they are difficult to clean unless you take it off and wash it....

Some people claim that those huggers build up some dirt and stuff under and they are difficult to clean unless you take it off and wash it....
I guess it's a trade off..protect the rear shock or make it more difficult to clean. Considering how quick it got covered in grime it seems it needs something cause cleaning the shock looks a pita too and hence why I was looking at the puig shock protector initially. Ideally they would have updated it but doesn't appear so yet anyway. I've been avoiding off tarmac until I can address it.

Which one in your opinion do you think looks better ? Carbon fiber or the matte black ? Particularly on the Blue bike.

Update installed the puig 6038j and fit fine. Need cheap metric Allen keys with short ends to reach front most screws on both sides..sockets won't work as there's very little space.

I installed the same one. Fits and looks great. You're right about those front screws ! BTW If anyone is interested, Amazon has them on sale for $127.50

I installed the puig 6038j and the fit was good on my 2022 DCT. I have to admit that I should have taken more time to read through all of the installation instructions. After I struggled with it and then finally read all of the instructions, it went on without any issues other then the two screws. Fortunately, I had a good selection of metric screws that I could use to make the installation just that much easier. It does a great job keeping the shock area clean. It was a good accessory to install.

Back