• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Puig touring windshield

Thx, some friends of mine have that too (without the top part) and they say it doesn't work. For this reason i'm looking for someone has this modified version.

Thx, some friends of mine have that too (without the top part) and they say it doesn't work.

what do you mean "it doesn't work"? The Puig screen doesn't provide additional or adequate wind protection? Or it doesn't mount on the bike?

what do you mean "it doesn't work"? The Puig screen doesn't provide additional or adequate wind protection? Or it doesn't mount on the bike?

yes, that's what i mean... it's bigger than the original but doesn't provide benefits in terms of air protection.

How does it work for you, Christian? Better than the stock screen?

Dunno!
Maybe I get a chance tomorrow if we can skip the ice on the roads. The bike's been parked in the garage for weeks now and I already long for the spring. Do keep our fingers crossed for some mild weather tomorrow...

yes, that's what i mean... it's bigger than the original but doesn't provide benefits in terms of air protection.

So it is not much better than the original. I thought you had meant it doesn't work at all, as in no protection what so every.

Dunno!
Maybe I get a chance tomorrow if we can skip the ice on the roads. The bike's been parked in the garage for weeks now and I already long for the spring. Do keep our fingers crossed for some mild weather tomorrow...

Today was a good day! No temp below the freezing point during the night made me hit the roads today. Splendid! It was too long ago.
Now, regarding the new Puig Screen: What I am looking for is a screen that take the wind pressure off my upper part of the body. The original screen does not do much to help in this matter. I have also tried the Honda Touring Screen which I newer could accept as it gave terrible buffeting and even at low speeds also some sonic bangs that I never experienced before. To me the Honda Touring Screen is/was useless and it got returned the day after I got it.
So, what about the Puig?
In short, it works! No sonic issues, no buffeting and no wind pressure on the upper part of me! Nice! There are wind blowing around the helmet and upper part of me, but it's part of the turbulence sort of wind coming from above and not from straight forward. I was riding at 120 km/h and felt no wind pressure, that means no effort from me to ride on. So, to me the Puig is a keeper as it gives better protection than the original screen, and way better behavior than the Honda Touring Screen. I can recommend it.

Christian, thanks for sharing your experience. I may get one of this. Do you think it may work better/ improve with regulable deflector?

Christian, thanks for sharing your experience. I may get one of this. Do you think it may work better/ improve with regulable deflector?

It's hard for me to tell as I got no experience from any deflectors. It might improve, or not. It is also necessary to take in consideration the height of the rider, the speed and how the winds are at the moment. All screens are a lot of compromises so I think they all are very well set for the individual to decide what works and what doesn't.

Back