• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Problem Installing Center Stand

Juan_Banjovy

Reaction score
Visit site
It's on but it doesn't completely fold up. There's a rubber piece that's supposed to stop on a metal tab on the exhaust. It doesn't. Because that triangle shaped hoop hits it first. The hoop is where the springs hook onto. So the question is, saw off part of the tab or try bending the hoop out of the way? It would work like this but would likely reduce lean angle a lot. Pic: That round rubber piece should contact the steel tab above it when the stand is up. I haven't put the springs on that hoop yet. NOTE: This center stand is for the Honda NC700S which is lower because I'm installing lowering links next. This stand may be a little different than the NC700X stand. IMG_0842.JPG

Last edited:
Got it done. Did a little of both, tapped the hoop a little with a hammer & bent the edge of the tab upward & now it clears. Other than that little glitch the center stand for the S model fits & should work well for those with lowered X models. With my stock links the rear tire is still on the ground with the new center stand down but it's not wobbly. I'll put lowering links on tonight. Oh, those springs are really tight! Get a ratchet strap & pull on one spring at a time, not both unless you're Thanos.

It's on but it doesn't completely fold up. There's a rubber piece that's supposed to stop on a metal tab on the exhaust. It doesn't. Because that triangle shaped hoop hits it first. The hoop is where the springs hook onto. So the question is, saw off part of the tab or try bending the hoop out of the way? It would work like this but would likely reduce lean angle a lot. Pic: That round rubber piece should contact the steel tab above it when the stand is up. I haven't put the springs on that hoop yet. NOTE: This center stand is for the Honda NC700S which is lower because I'm installing lowering links next. This stand may be a little different than the NC700X stand. View attachment 44267
That is interesting. It looks like there have been some design changes as that looks different than my S stand.

W
That is interesting. It looks like there have been some design changes as that looks different than my S stand.
Well, the first post said it was for the NC700S but didn't say it was a Honda stand.

Back