• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Pricing in California

luckedoggs

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking to get a 2014 NC700XD (DCT, ABS). I checked out a few dealers, and initial quotes are ~$10k.

One of the lower prices is through the Costco program which came to $9,600 (price + freight + tax + dealer prep + 5 year honda extended warranty). Not sure if this is a good deal. The dealer did not hand over any paperwork, and but showed me the quote on paper.

Any experiences, tips, would be appreciated.

I can't say what they routinely charge in California, but in the Midwest you might pay maybe $8300 +TTL. Most often here you don't pay freight or setup. One of our members, Stratuner I believe, bought and drove his from Arizona back home to California and save a bundle. So maybe expanding your search to neighboring states my be wise.

My manual came to $9400 with a centerstand (installed) and rear rack ( not installed ) added on, that includes tax & license.
They claim there is very little room to cut prices, they're few and far between in NorCal.

I went out of state to Phoenix, AZ.. $7,300 total ...that's what we wrote the check for.
After buying it out of state, you have to register it in CA. That took two visits to the Auto club.
It's not fun, but the quote here was $8,500... for the same bike.

My advice...buy used. You'll get a great bike for a better price.

Thanks! for the replies. I would like to buy used, but there seems to be a lack of supply. Can't find used on cycletrader, craigslist, or any other. Most of the used ones at the dealer are manual (not DCT ABS)

Looking to get a 2014 NC700XD (DCT, ABS). I checked out a few dealers, and initial quotes are ~$10k.

One of the lower prices is through the Costco program which came to $9,600 (price + freight + tax + dealer prep + 5 year honda extended warranty). Not sure if this is a good deal. The dealer did not hand over any paperwork, and but showed me the quote on paper.

I went through the Costco Vehicle Buy Program. I did not have to pay for either the "Freight or Dealer Prep" charges and I got over $650 taken off the MSRP. I also got 13 Honda Accessories and a 5-Year Warranty all at the same time. I paid $11.1k out the door. "NaNCy" is also a 2013 DCT model. I hope that this helps you in some way.

Ask for a "Formal Quote" in writing, is my advise to you.

Attachments

• IMG_2172.jpg
    IMG_2172.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 301
  • CostcoQuote2013NC700X.JPG
    CostcoQuote2013NC700X.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 300
  • NC700X_Accessories.JPG
    NC700X_Accessories.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 300
It will interesting to see if that bike is still "in stock"..........seems on cycle trader it is common to advertise a great price, but when you call or show up the bike is sold or they start adding fees or switch you........but we have this one in stock:rolleyes:

Another Dealer in Phoenix, Az is Western Honda. It's where I bought my bike. They claim, and I believe it's true (if you do Your homework) to have the best prices around. Like anything else, if You don't do Your homework, You could very well pay more then with other dealers. I think the market here might be more competitive then in other areas, as there are several Honda Motorcycle shops here in the Valley. The owner of Go Daddy (Bob Pearson) even has a Honda Motorcycle Dealership.

From time to time, very nice and low mileage NC700's come up for sale (though primarily the manual shift ones). I believe the number one reason, is because the owners are disappointed with the performance. They buy the bike and start hanging around their friends, and soon discover that their friend's motorcycles have more horsepower, and better suspension and brakes. That's not to put down the NC700, IMHO, the NC700 bike is the best bike around for it's intended purpose.

well put.
The nc700x is not a speedster. Its intended use is commute and to get around town.
So this is perfect for me, but may not for others.
Do your homework before buying.

Thanks for folks who responded. I am in the Northern California (SF bay area), and seem to have a couple of dealers @ $9.6K that is the OTD for the bike plus the 5 year warranty. There seems to be a supply shortage here, with folks negotiating, but not having inventory to sell right away.

Also, I think the NC750XD may come out next year - as the U.S. catches up with the rest of the world. Any thoughts on if I should wait or go for it?

My old ride was a 2007 Sportster 883, which I sold two weekends ago.

Also, I think the NC750XD may come out next year - as the U.S. catches up with the rest of the world. Any thoughts on if I should wait or go for it?

I would not wait myself. I have a friend that works for American Honda and I asked him about the NC750X making to here to the States. He could not give me a straight answer for some sort of legal reasons. From the way he said it and his body language has lead me to believe that is not a high priority for Honda to bring the NC750X here anytime soon.

Get your NC700XD now, you will be a lot happier if you do.

I waited over 6 months to get mine, I nearly went "NUTS" during that interim.

$9,600 with a 5-year warranty, sounds like a good deal and is a "No Brainer" to me. Drop down the $500 for the deposit and get that baby on order this weekend.... :eek:

Say "Hello" to NaNCy...

Attachments

• IMG_3498.jpg
    IMG_3498.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_3499.jpg
    IMG_3499.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_3501.jpg
    IMG_3501.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Ok. Finally ordered a black DCT abs, and should be getting it next week. Ended at $11.3k OTD (9.4 for bike + plus the 4 year warranty, taxes title, etc,., and accessories like the 12v, heated grips, and center stand)

It was $100 more than then cheapest deal, but I needed to support the local dealer.

This is the "Out The Door" breakdown on my brand new 2013 DCT here in California. Bought it April 8th of 2014.
This also included the 72 month, unlimited mileage, zero deductible "CONCEPT" (best) extended service plan from Western Service Contract Corp.
They marked this brand spanking new 2013 DCT down $1600 compared to the new 2014 version, which was 8749 BEFORE adding up all the additional costs. Couldn't pass it up. I figured I saved about $3000 compared to the 2014.
The sales manager told me that Honda did NOT want the 2013's competing for floorspace with the 2014's, so they slashed the prices.
As they say, "Right place, right time"

Attachments

• 20140915_080819.jpg
    20140915_080819.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 181
This is the "Out The Door" breakdown on my brand new 2013 DCT here in California. Bought it April 8th of 2014.
They marked this brand spanking new 2013 DCT down $1600 compared to the new 2014 version, which was 8749 BEFORE adding up all the additional costs. Couldn't pass it up. I figured I saved about $3000 compared to the 2014.

Good deal BerndM. I got NaNCy back in March 2nd, 2014. I wanted a "Silver" back, that was my reason for settling on the 2013. I got the Honda 5-year Extended Warranty and 13 Honda Accessories for self-installation. OTD was $11,138, no dealer prep or freight charges and I also paid cash.

Back