• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Price and availability in Northern CA

luckedoggs

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking to buy an NC700XD (DCT, ABS) either new or lightly used. There seems to be a "shortage" of such bikes around :)

What are typical prices that folks in Northern CA paying (San Francisco Bay Area)? Any help/tips, such as using Costco program, or specific dealers that members would recommend?

Any advice would be appreciated

Looking to buy an NC700XD (DCT, ABS) either new or lightly used. There seems to be a "shortage" of such bikes around :)

What are typical prices that folks in Northern CA paying (San Francisco Bay Area)? Any help/tips, such as using Costco program, or specific dealers that members would recommend?

Any advice would be appreciated

If you use the Costco Vehicle Buy Program, you will have to buy "NEW".

I bought mine through this program, I did not pay either "Freight or Setup Charges" and I also got over $650 off the listed MSRP. I also bought 13 Honda Accessories and a 5-Year Extended Warranty at the same time. My "Out the Door Price" was $11.1k, with all taxes and license included back in March of this year. I also loaded "NaNCy" up with plenty more aftermarket accessories too, see image below.

Attachments

• NaNCy_53114.jpg
    NaNCy_53114.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 166
Carolina Honda has a red one cheap. Actually try always have them in stock and on sale.
Dis: I don't work for or get kickback from them, just bought my bike there.

I just bought a 2014. Shopped the 3 nearest dealers and went for my best deal.

2014 with DCT/ABS - $8199 + Tax and License. That was $8799 MSRP -$300 Honda Rebate and -$300 dealer discount and they waived the transport and setup "fees" that see to be popular around here.

Also added the extended Hondacare 5 year warranty, mostly because of the DCT... $550

Total OTD was $9728.

Seems people in other areas are buying them for way less, but around here they are in short supply and the hassle of going too far away just isn't worth the savings.

I tried the Costco deal, as we did that with a previous Kawasaki purchase... the same dealer that I bought that bike from 18 months ago gave me the highest price of the 3 local Honda dealers. Was well over $10K OTD without the extended warranty.

There is a used 12 model with DCT and only a little over 1000 miles on it at a local dealer. They have it for $5,000 and can't sell it.
Crazy how prices and demand are so different in different parts of the country

Does anyone know if the nc700xd's are a 50 state bike or 49 state bike? This has to do with the red tape of buying a new or nearly new motorcycle outside of California.

California has emission requirements laws that are different than the rest of the world. Now days just about every vehicle on the road does meet California's emission requirements. This law was put into effect a long while back when not all vehicles meet these requirements. So today, you good folks in California still get all that expensive red tape when you go out of state to purchase. Seems to me to be a violation of interstate commerce that California auto dealers hope never gets changed.

Back