• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

POW! Right in the kissa

Trippin

Reaction score
Visit site

Just as it looks, I got into an accident with my NC on Friday. I was making a left turn when another vehicle hit my rear tire, spun me out and I high-sided.

The right side took almost all of the damage;

Here you can see how much of a shot the SW-Motech crash bars took;

My barkbusters are probably the only reason I was able to ride it home;

My Givi windscreen snapped right off;

Good thing I had ordered a new muffler on Tuesday;

Wait, do you guys have footpegs heres?

Gore (worst injury I sustained);

At least I was able to still get to work early and get a personal show from the Sun's dance team;

All in all, even 2 days after the accident, not real sore, a few bruises, no blood. I'm pretty happy with that. For the curious, I had on my Icon Variant helmet, the Icon brigand vest (I landed directly on my back, and the D30 foam in there took that shot like a champ. I have a back injury from my time in the Army, and the accident didn't aggravate it really at all.), Bilt gloves (helped my left hand out when I hit the pavement), and then just sneakers, pants and a sweatshirt. I hit the ground doing about 30mph and the woman who hit me left the scene immediately.

I'm hoping the adjuster from Progressive gets back to me tomorrow, and I'll update this thread on the progress my NC is making through all of this.

Ouch! Sorry for ya mate! :eek:

Hit and run!? :mad: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Any witnesses to possibly help with an identification? She could have badly injured or killed you for all she knew, and still drove away? That's just awful!

Get better soon, and I hope insurance doesn't dick you around so you can get your baby back 100%

Ouchy!

Glad it's minor damage to you, and pretty minor to the NC too, those engine bars and hand guards are worth their cost aren't they!

Hope you either have witnesses, or the plate of the cage, hit and run is terrible, even worse when it's a bike that goes down.

God damn hit and runs. It's an epidemic.

I've been thinking about adding a D30 back pad to my jacket. Good to hear it kept your back intact.

Ouch and sorry.maybe some camera around to get plates.get up and riding soon i hope.

sent from a keyboard in the frunk

Ewww...hate to see posts like this but glad you're ok and that the bike appears to be repairable. Thank you for "field testing" the engine guards as I just put a set of Givi's on my wife's NCX-D. Don't tell your adjuster you already ordered a new muffler as I am sure the cost of the Honda OEM replacement will more than cover whatever you bought. Hope you and the bike are back to 100% soon!

That sucks, but overall at least everything is minor. I hope they catch the hit and runner and throw their butt in the slammer.

I don't want to take away from your story on this thread but I can imagine what your going through. I was subject to a hit and run several years back. Never caught the woman either. I'm glad your Ok. The bike can be fixed. It's a jungle out there and all you can do is prepare your bike and equip yourself in the best possible manner. Thanks for sharing your story. It just another reminder of why we have to keep our heads on a swivel and that things like this can happen in the spur a momment.

I'm also glad that the damage to you and the bike were minor.........now about that lady, what an @$$%#. Again, also a reminder to be prepared. Thanks for sharing. In other note I hope the guy that was talking about reading about a lot of accidents here in this forum doesn't start running in the opposite direction now lol,

Trippin, I'm saddened that you got hurt but pleased your still here to tell the story. You sound like you have a great attitude. It is my hope that the person who hit you is found and brought to justice. leaving the scene of accident is a crime.

Ewww...hate to see posts like this but glad you're ok and that the bike appears to be repairable. Thank you for "field testing" the engine guards as I just put a set of Givi's on my wife's NCX-D. Don't tell your adjuster you already ordered a new muffler as I am sure the cost of the Honda OEM replacement will more than cover whatever you bought. Hope you and the bike are back to 100% soon!

Definitely expect my NC back to OEM before I break anything out of a box!

I don't want to take away from your story on this thread but I can imagine what your going through. I was subject to a hit and run several years back. Never caught the woman either. I'm glad your Ok. The bike can be fixed. It's a jungle out there and all you can do is prepare your bike and equip yourself in the best possible manner. Thanks for sharing your story. It just another reminder of why we have to keep our heads on a swivel and that things like this can happen in the spur a momment.

I'm also glad that the damage to you and the bike were minor.........now about that lady, what an @$$%#. Again, also a reminder to be prepared. Thanks for sharing. In other note I hope the guy that was talking about reading about a lot of accidents here in this forum doesn't start running in the opposite direction now lol,

I had just read that thread before I posted mine up. Never been much of a trendsetter...hopefully that doesn't start now.

I'll keep this thread up to date on the progress, I want to get back out on my damn bike already!

Glad you are o.k. Keep up the great attitude!! Thanks for sharing. Those barkbusters are really great, definitely will be on my xmas list.

Trippin, I'm saddened that you got hurt but pleased your still here to tell the story. You sound like you have a great attitude. It is my hope that the person who hit you is found and brought to justice. leaving the scene of accident is a crime.

Didn't see this post earlier. I hope so as well, at least to get her insurance information and get back on my bike.

Glad you are o.k. Keep up the great attitude!! Thanks for sharing. Those barkbusters are really great, definitely will be on my xmas list.

I'll grab a few more pics tomorrow. My handles bars are bent, and most likely I only rode it home because of those barkbusters.

Crashing is never fun. I'm glad you and your bike suffered relatively minor injuries. May you both get well soon and be back out on the road. :)

Sorry to hear. Crashing sucks and it's worse when people don't take responsibility for their actions by running away. But good thing you had insurance and were wearing at least some protective gear.

I believe that a crash is wasted if you and others don't learn from the experience. Have you thought about what you could have done differently to avoid this situation in the future? Obviously it was the other drivers fault, but there's almost always things we can do to better our odds of avoiding the clueless drivers out there.

I'm thinking of things like: signalling turns well in advance, supplementing bike turn signals with hand signs, tapping brakes a few times when slowing (or installing a brake flasher), wearing hi viz clothing, turning from the far side of your lane to lessen the temptation of a driver to squeeze by you as you make a turn and wearing a jacket to avoid road rash on your arm. There's probably many other ideas, but I thought I'd throw out some to stimulate thought.

Hope you are ok, and you had full coverage insurance. If you don't have full coverage insurance you will get to have fun, fun, fun putting your bike back together.

Back