• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Potentially stupid question... Can the NC 700x DCT be converted to shaft or belt???

docb91b

Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy all,
As stated in the title, can a NC 700x be converted to drive shaft or belt. I am not an engineer and I don't know the potential limitations or if it is impossible.

I hate tinkering with the chain but love the bike.

D

Belts are NOT all that great for many reasons.........one can be the cost........other bikes with a belt drive the replacement sprockets and belt, just the parts can be over $1000.

if the NC had a belt drive I would not have purchased the bike.

I've never heard of a shaft conversion for any bike. That would require a whole new swingarm and rear wheel, drive-line parts, and some way of connecting the drive-shaft to the transmission. I can't see something like that ever being offered for any bike, you'd never recover the cost of such a kit by any savings on not buying chains and sprockets.

Howdy all,
As stated in the title, can a NC 700x be converted to drive shaft or belt. I am not an engineer and I don't know the potential limitations or if it is impossible.

I hate tinkering with the chain but love the bike.

7.jpg

No company makes a middle size adventure bike with a shaft drive or belt drive. First one that does will likely sell a few motorcycles.

smileyconsider.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
You're right OCR, lack of a shaft drive was the one negative with the NCX when I purchased it. But chain maint. hasn't been awful so all's good :D

Back