• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Playing With Colors

wgwgoldwing

So long folks!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I like silver, but was playing around in photoshop, and, well, dang it, I like them all. :D

ncyellow.jpg

ncgreen.jpg

ncblue.jpg

I can't imagine it would be too hard to pull the panels. Having it professional painted off the bike would probably be fairly cheap. Hmmmm....

WGW

I like the yellow also. First street bike I bought was a brand new 1979 Yamaha XS650SF that the dealer had custom painted with a bright yellow Emron paint. Got lots of compliments on that bike...Sorry about the highjack, I just had a flashback!lol

I wish I had photoshop as I would love to try the bike in dark (navy blue as it's known here) body work with the black plastic sections changed to white or possibly the other way round . Then a yellow coach line betwee the two colours. The motto " Audere est Facere" on the tail piece would also be nice

I'd rather have a bent walking stick than a yellow motorcycle. :D What do you have in RealTree camo?

View attachment 459
I was looking up possibilities last week on possible paint options and I found a process called dipping. I found a website called My Dip Kit (My Dip Kit - DIY Do It Yourself Water Transfer Printing Camo Dip Kit.). There were many different camo patterns. If you search the dipping process on You Tube, you can see how it is done. The only real problem I can see (if I consider this) is trying to keep the patterns aligned on the parts that you dip so that it flows naturally.

Yellow is nice. Otherwise, maybe you can try a flat green for the green? Or, abit of lime green?

It used to be fun hearing people telling me that they had a Triumph like that whilst looking at my Kawasaki W650.
The best compliment I had for it was just after the model was launched. I was at a bike meet when a really big biker covered in Triumph owners club badges came up to the bike waked around it twice in silence then said to nobody in particular " Humph looks more like a Bonnie than the new Bonnie does" before just walking off without another word
hastings1-1.jpg

brighton2-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back