• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

PLASTI-DIP !!! Show us what you GOT !!!

I did min in red too, love the way it looks, used the glossifier on it, and i'm sort of wishing i had just used regular clear coat (spray paint) instead. it is peeling in a couple of spots, but nothing horrible. you can see in one of the pictures where my pants are rubbing on the side of the not-a-tank, wearing into the glossifier. also did my wife's bike, i'll throw that pic in too, it was maroon, so i did a white base coat, then pink, then pearlizer.
photo 1.jpg
photo 2.jpg
photo 3.jpg
photo 4.jpg
photo 5.jpg
photo6.jpg

I did min in red too, love the way it looks, used the glossifier on it, and i'm sort of wishing i had just used regular clear coat (spray paint) instead. it is peeling in a couple of spots, but nothing horrible. you can see in one of the pictures where my pants are rubbing on the side of the not-a-tank, wearing into the glossifier. also did my wife's bike, i'll throw that pic in too, it was maroon, so i did a white base coat, then pink, then pearlizer.

I had the same issue from pants rubbing on the side. The solution: MORE COATS !! ....lol

I used honestly have about 15-20 coats on my pieces, some maybe more, I just kept going... a new coat every 15 minutes, all day long...lol

The rub under the seat is pretty normal, because there is a slight movement of the seat as you ride. Yours looks like you may have attached it before it got a chance to dry/cure really well. The dip dries fast, but it does take a day or two to cure completely. And longer with more coats... (this only really matters on parts that are highly rubbed, as it is under the lip of the seat.)

Here is mine, it's off a very bad camera phone with the sun setting. That is what gives the orange glow where the sun was hitting it. You guys should not be afraid to clear coat it, it gives is a very nice shine, and prevents any rubbing issues. I have been ridding it for weeks and as you can see, no rub marks. I had to peel off one whole side and the clear coat just made it stay in one piece, in fact it almost peels off easier with the clear coat. Plus less fear of washing of dirt etc. Try the clear coat you won't be sorry.

IMAG0248.jpg

Here is mine, it's off a very bad camera phone with the sun setting. That is what gives the orange glow where the sun was hitting it. You guys should not be afraid to clear coat it, it gives is a very nice shine, and prevents any rubbing issues. I have been ridding it for weeks and as you can see, no rub marks. I had to peel off one whole side and the clear coat just made it stay in one piece, in fact it almost peels off easier with the clear coat. Plus less fear of washing of dirt etc. Try the clear coat you won't be sorry.

View attachment 7391

What kind of clear coating did you use?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Krylon Clear Gloss Glaze at your local Wal-Mart. Cheap, makes for a very nice shine. Easy to clean, and from a distance everyone thinks its a factory red one.

Navy blue is too dark. I ordered some Cobalt Blue and the new blue metalizer and I'll come up with a combination I like. Won't be here til Monday and UPS never gets to my place before 6 pm so it will be after Christmas before I can really make some progress.

Did the oem luggage in red. I decided to do the entire pannier lids rather than just the panel area. Still need to put the Honda emblems on.
jupu5a9a.jpg

upevevyb.jpg

e2eguvev.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You just use rubbing alcohol. No wet sanding. Is that correct?

What do you use to fill deep scratches? Will bondo work?

Old

I've used Bondo to repair many a boy racers (Meaning young kids who have no money and can't ride very well) fairings. Bondo should work well for repairing your deep scratches. Since you have to sand the Bondo anyway, I'd lightly sand the whole panel to assure good adhesion. Since you're what I want to be if and when I grow up, I'd just leave the beat up panels so you can tell the stories behind them.

Did you also put the gloss on it?

Yes, I used the gloss also. For the top box panels I used about 7-8 coats of red then about 3 coats of gloss, for the panniers I used 3 coats of white, 4 coats of red then three coats of gloss. I like how the white base coat turned out better. I may remove the dip from the center of the panniers, it just looks like too much red now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back