• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Photos of Honda Rear Carrier on NCX

drseth

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I want to install a rear rack on my NCX and I would like to see more than one picture of the rack before I order it. I am planning to use soft bags for now, but may put a hard case on later. Does the Honda rack require drilling?

It would be nice to be able to see accessories at the dealer or anywhere for that matter, so we can decide what we want. My dealer is happy to take my money, but if I decide I don't want it, they said they would charge me a restocking fee. What a ripoff.

I am leaning to a Hepco and Becker, Givi, or SW-Motech for the rack. They don't require drilling to install, and look to be strong.

I have fitted the Honda rack and I think it looks brilliant. However, it won't look so good if I ever want to revert to standard, as the rear plastic panels have to be cut to make room for the replacement side handgrips. The rack looks so good because it is in line with the rear seat and at exactly the same angle as the beak. I believe there are some honda topboxes that fit to the rack without any adaptor plate, and I would buy one of those if I go for a topbox. At the moment the soft roll-type bags work brilliantly on the rack and back seat and if used with Rok-straps it takes 30 seconds to move it to put fuel in.
Mike

If you do a search, I think you'll find some pictures of the Honda rack already posted on the forum. Personally, I like the look of the Honda the best but you do have to cut areas out of the rear panels to install it. Some posters have said the cuts are minor and don't bother them at all. Some (myself included) don't like the idea of cutting panels on a new bike. I ended up going with the SW-Motech. It requires no cutting, I like the look of it and you can get adapter plates for most of the major manufacturer's luggage. My only complaint about the SW-Motech is that I'd like to have the option of installing Givi V35 side bags and so far they don't make their contour mounts for those bags for the NC.
Another thing you may want to do if you are looking at the Honda rack is to ask your dealer to print out the installation instructions for you. The instructions not only have some good illustrations of the rack, but they also include templates for cutting the panels on the bike. That way you can tell how much material you would have to remove for the installation.

Bob

Thanks for the link. I decided to get the Hepco and Becker rear rack, as opposed to the Givi or SW-Motech. There is no way I would cut my new bike to install this rack.

If they wanted you to cut a hole in the side of the cylinder to mount a light, don't do it. The little bit of cutting that I had to do for my luggage rack and light bar install was not that bad. I personally don't think it is that big of a deal. I cut holes in brand new CBR fairings all the time to put frame sliders on. If it really bothers you than I understand, I am just saying don't let the little bit of cutting required keep you from getting what you really want. I love my Honda bags (which use the same key as the ignition), and I love my light bar. Just don't use a chain saw and you will be fine.

Another fine example of why it is okay to cut your bike up. Even if you use a chain saw and mess it up real bad, you stay positive and tell yourself at least it went fast. That is the kind of optimism that makes NC700-forum.com the best damn forum on earth.

Thanks for the link. I decided to get the Hepco and Becker rear rack, as opposed to the Givi or SW-Motech. There is no way I would cut my new bike to install this rack.

I'd say the same. But then I got the mechanic at the shop to do it....
it was very well done.
Almost look original.
:p

Back