• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Partitions and netting in Givi cases to organize space

dduelin

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I recently added a set of Givi E36 side cases. This case is side opening and one of the disadvantages of side opening cases is that stuff can tumble down and out when the case is opened. I have lived with side opening cases before and added simple partitions and hooks for bungle cords or netting to keep objects in place. For this bike I epoxied nylon bimini top eyestraps around the inside perimeter of the cases to create attachment points. The white partition is cut out from lightweight foam board.

Good job Dave!
FWIW Givi makes a three point retention strap mount for the E36 and E45 cases that uses flat bungee strapping, the same buckles as their other cases, and three pieces with slots for the strap that fit into molded recesses by the lock assembly and forward and rear bottom corners. Unlike most things Givi they are relatively inexpensive ($10 per case), but also unlike most things Givi they don't work. The elastic strapping is too short and the slotted pieces pull out of their mounting locations unless you drill and screw them in place. Your idea is much better than theirs. On my cases, I used the Givi slotted fittings (after I secured them with screws), 1 inch wide flat nylon strapping, and plastic snap buckles (my local hardware store is my favorite motorcycle accessory superstore).
I do like your idea better!

Bob

You're supposed to lay the bike down on its side when opening the cases. Don't you guys know nuthin?

I only use the bags for traveling so I don't need to open them till the end of the day.If I was useing them for commuting I would need some kind of netting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back