• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Palmer Products Windscreen Adjuster

barrett50

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Palmer is a British company. They make a lot of accessories for Triumphs. They also make a few accessories for the 700, one being the windshield adjuster. Has anyone bought/ mounted the Palmer and were the results positive or negative? Following is a link to Palmer:

Honda - NC700X - Palmer Products

5.jpgI called both, and they are about the same price ($180). Both you have to drill the windshield you are using if you are not using their windshield. Both about $100 more with their windshield.

Last edited:
One of the few reasons I haven't bought a Palmer or the Madstad or Bruudt set of adjuster brackets, is that I can't determine if any, at their lowest mounting point with the OEM small Honda screen, is the same height or lower than the stock low position.

With my parking height restriction, I can (literally) scrape under the overhead barrier with the stock screen in low mode, but cannot fit under with it in the upper position. :(

If I bought any of the adjusters and they made the stock screen even 1 mm higher at it's lowest mounting height, I couldn't use it, unless there was room to drill holes higher in the mounting plates. (in order to subjectively lower the unit)

I called both, and they are about the same price ($180). Both you have to drill the windshield you are using if you are not using their windshield. Both about $100 more with their windshield.
Not true. The Palmer System uses the stock OEM Honda NC700X windscreen, and other screens with the stock OEM Honda mounting hole spacing. And it sell for £57.50 and ancillary fees are not added for exported items. I do not believe that Palmer sells after market screens for use with their system.
The Madstad System sells for substantially more and has preprietary screens that you must purchase from them, or do your own hole drilling in other after market screens, as their mounting hole alignment is unique.
Better make some more phone calls to the UK to obtain the correct information.

Since I don't have either of these systems, I'm finding the discussion about these mounts to be really interesting. About all I can add is that Cee Baileys has windshields for the Madstad system listed on their website, so they may not be quite as proprietary as the previous post indicates. :)

Bob

One of the few reasons I haven't bought a Palmer or the Madstad or Bruudt set of adjuster brackets, is that I can't determine if any, at their lowest mounting point with the OEM small Honda screen, is the same height or lower than the stock low position.

With my parking height restriction, I can (literally) scrape under the overhead barrier with the stock screen in low mode, but cannot fit under with it in the upper position. :(

If I bought any of the adjusters and they made the stock screen even 1 mm higher at it's lowest mounting height, I couldn't use it, unless there was room to drill holes higher in the mounting plates. (in order to subjectively lower the unit)

Buy one and try it. If it doesn't work, I'll buy it from you if it is less than $100 with shipping. That's exactly what I've been looking for.....just don't want to go first ;)
Mike

If you want to be able to use stock mounting holes any windshield will work I have a cal sci on mine right now. They work very well, easy up and down and forward and back. If you use nut plates to mount it your home free.

The Palmer Products windscreen adapter moves the windscreen both higher and farther away from the normal mounting holes by an inch or so each way - and that's in it's lowest and farthest back position. This means that even the stock windscreen stands at least SOME chance of moving the wind off your chest.

It also means that at night, the headlight glow reflecting off the bottom 1/3 of the windscreen really interferes with my ability to see the road ahead - true for dim or bright light settings. Since I do a fair amount of night riding this time of year (sun's down, & it's much cooler then), I switched back to NOT using the Palmer brackets. If you're willing to somehow black out the bottom of the windscreen to outsmart the headlight reflection, or if it doesn't bother you for whatever reason, then it's useful for adjusting the windscreen to whatever height and angle (within a few inches each way) that you might want.

Last edited:
I believe you have make a very good point here. I would bet this is why Madstad Engineering blackens the bottom of their windshield also.

The Palmer Products windscreen adapter moves the windscreen both higher and farther away from the normal mounting holes by an inch or so each way - and that's in it's lowest and farthest back position. This means that even the stock windscreen stands at least SOME chance of moving the wind off your chest.

It also means that at night, the headlight glow reflecting off the bottom 1/3 of the windscreen really interferes with my ability to see the road ahead - true for dim or bright light settings. Since I do a fair amount of night riding this time of year (sun's down, & it's much cooler then), I switched back to NOT using the Palmer brackets. If you're willing to somehow black out the bottom of the windscreen to outsmart the headlight reflection, or if it doesn't bother you for whatever reason, then it's useful for adjusting the windscreen to whatever height and angle (within a few inches each way) that you might want.

BTW is correct about the headlight glare issue. Plasti-Dip(black) might be a solution.

You can buy an adjustable baffle plate from Palmers that vertually eliminates the glare - but depends on what screen you have.

Instead of paying about $84 for the palmer adjusting brackets ( I dont care if brackets adjust or not after I get it at the height I want); I went to Home Depot and bought 4 4" flat brackets and bolted all 4 into the windshield hole and then bolted the windshield to the bracket (each hole in its own bracket). It raised the oem windshield another 2" about the highest position on the bike; rode the bike 200 miles today with no issue (up to 75mph). Total cost: $2.50. I have less head buffetting and less wind on the chest. I think I need to go back and buy the 6" bracket and move it up another 2" and it will be just the way I want it.

Instead of paying about $84 for the palmer adjusting brackets ( I dont care if brackets adjust or not after I get it at the height I want); I went to Home Depot and bought 4 4" flat brackets and bolted all 4 into the windshield hole and then bolted the windshield to the bracket (each hole in its own bracket). It raised the oem windshield another 2" about the highest position on the bike; rode the bike 200 miles today with no issue (up to 75mph). Total cost: $2.50. I have less head buffetting and less wind on the chest. I think I need to go back and buy the 6" bracket and move it up another 2" and it will be just the way I want it.

Pics or it didn't happen. ;)

Here is the pic: I dont have Internet access at my house (too far in the country) so I have to do this when I get to civilization: now with 300+ miles, no issue:

Last edited:
You can buy an adjustable baffle plate from Palmers that vertually eliminates the glare - but depends on what screen you have.

I took the plunge and they do not have hand adjusters like the picture shows or that MadStad has (had on my DL650). You have to use the included 3mm hex wrench (or your own if better) and a 10mm wrench to change the position or adjustment. I had fun running around with both in my pocket and making the adjustments as I rode and tested. Not a real problem but not like Mastad and when you get it right it is solid. Couple points, (no instructions included but not real necessary either), the stock windshield will fit as my GiVi did on the bracket. I believe having Dan's nut plates may not be needed but glad I do have them as allowed for more solid connection. The little nuts and washer that goes on the back side of windshield is a pain to install on my GiVi as the windshield is bowed and the damn little 8mm nuts are not magnetic. You may have better hands than mine or a closed in wrench with grease to keep washer and nut together. First time in a long time I needed a rag under the bike to catch the nut and washer umteen times until I resorted to old mechanic tricks. I'm old but not a great mechanic. Reflecting on the $95.92 + $30.46 (extra $15.38 beyond the web site $15.08) shipping I would probably not do it again and bite the bullet and get a MadStad, but the GiVi was my third windshield ( 1) stock 2) Honda Touring) I was hoping a MadStad like quick adjustment (With hand Knobs for tool-less adjustment as video shows for Palmer {not} but is on MadStad). I can do some pictures but the Palmer site has good idea except for no adjustment knobs. I have not really felt much change either with the outbound bracket and it just may be my GiVi as the sound is same but does have some real height adjustment. The air is above my Helment on just about every setting but the GiVi does that at stock settings. The quality of the brackets is good, almost up to level of the BeoWolf muffler quailty, and well done just not much help for me. Well enough of my ramblings, need more or pictures let me know.

Boz

Back