• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Packed Up and Gassed Up

What a trip! Thanks for posting the photos. Some of us don't have that scenery yet. Never been to Texas but it sure looks inviting. What's next??

Glad you like them. :) Will take another short trip like this one some time in the next week or so. Maybe to the beach in Galveston. Then, will likely head toward Chaco Canyon in New Mexico for a longer trip. Not sure where I'll wander on that trip, but the first destination will most likely be Chaco.

FYI: The goofy shower cap cover I was using for the sheepskin, turned out to be an even better idea than I'd planned. I had to ride in rain a couple times. Normally, I'd just take it off during the rain... but the shower cap cover allowed me to just leave the sheepskin on the bike and use the cushioning even in the rain. It's kinda fiddly to get on it though... need something that fits better, and preferably clear.

How'd the laminar lip do? Still happy with it?

trey

Hi Trey, I'll put it this way... after riding the 4-5hrs to Camp Wood, all day riding the 3 sisters, riding 337 in the rain and fog, then out 16 all way to Enchanted Rock and then 29 back to Austin... I never thought "Hey, I really need to do something about this windshield. I could hear my podcast via earbuds at all times and never felt like I was fighting the wind. I definitely felt the wind but it never felt like a challenge on any kind. Does that make any sense?

At the end of the day, I've decided I'm keeping it. Might play with it's placement more, but for the Summer at least... I'm sticking with it.

Also getting much better mpg now... even fully loaded. I'm burning the regular 87octane and getting a fairly steady 65mpg. My best for the trip was 69mpg. :)

Back