• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Oxford heated grips installed

I had it mounted on the right on my ST 1300. It was never an issue. It's not like it's an emergency stop switch. You can wait until you come to a stop to turn it up, down or off.

nDHi6cSh.jpg
Ferret, my friend, this is really gnarly as a surfer would say. Totally.

Hi all from the UK, first post here. Due to ongoing issues with my left hand caused by arthritis I have decided to buy a 2022 NC750XDCT, I was very impressed with my test ride on a late 2021 which the dealer told me was identical. When I was told the price of original heated grips and fitting I said I would buy Oxford ones (I have them on my old BMW and they are better than the OEM ones on my RnineT), He replied "they wont fit as the diameter of the throttle tube on the ride by wire bikes is too small. It looks like mudtrack's wife has them so is the dealer telling the truth or trying it on????

I have a set of the Oxford Touring grips on hand to install on my 2021 when it gets a little warmer in the garage so I can't answer your question. I hope they fit and the only question I have is the grip ring from the 2021 going to have to be ground off. Mudtrack didn't know as he didn't get any mounting details from his shop.

Hi all from the UK, first post here. Due to ongoing issues with my left hand caused by arthritis I have decided to buy a 2022 NC750XDCT, I was very impressed with my test ride on a late 2021 which the dealer told me was identical. When I was told the price of original heated grips and fitting I said I would buy Oxford ones (I have them on my old BMW and they are better than the OEM ones on my RnineT), He replied "they wont fit as the diameter of the throttle tube on the ride by wire bikes is too small. It looks like mudtrack's wife has them so is the dealer telling the truth or trying it on????
The Oxford grips are offered in various versions. I wish I knew which one my dealer chose to install, but the grips they installed fit perfectly.

The Oxford grips are offered in various versions. I wish I knew which one my dealer chose to install, but the grips they installed fit perfectly.
Thanks, yes different lengths but all for "22mm" bars except the Cruiser which are 25 mm

These are what I order off of Amazon and have been using. Fit is fine on my 2021 NC750X DCT. Work great. Manufactures Part Number EL691Z.

1646785765703.png

Lee did you grind off the lip that holds the stock grip on when you installed them?
Ferret,
I had the Oxford Grips installed by the dealer in January when I took the bike in to get the ECU reflashed. It doesn't look to me that the grips were trimmed. The Oxford controller is normally mounted on the left, attached to the clutch lever bracket. The DCT doesn't have a clutch lever. On my bike the controller is mounted on the right, on the brake lever bracket. I don't find this location a problem because I don't adjust the temperature setting very often during a ride. Also the hand guards are GIVI HP1111, fit nicely, no problems.

Lee B.

IMG_1078.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Ferret what do you mean by "hope they fit and the only question I have is the grip ring from the 2021 going to have to be ground off" as I haven't got the bike I don't understand what you are referring to:oops: Perhaps grip ring is a different expression over here?

Ferret,
I had the Oxford Grips installed by the dealer in January when I took the bike in to get the ECU reflashed. It doesn't look to me that the grips were trimmed. The Oxford controller is normally mounted on the left, attached to the clutch lever bracket. The DCT doesn't have a clutch lever. On my bike the controller is mounted on the right, on the brake lever bracket. I don't find this location a prooblem because I don't adjust the temperature setting very often during a ride. Also the hand guards are GIVI HP1111, fit nicely, no problems.

Lee B.

View attachment 48525
By the looks of the gap between the grip and the housing they didn't grind off the grip ring.

Hi Ferret what do you mean by "hope they fit and the only question I have is the grip ring from the 2021 going to have to be ground off" as I haven't got the bike I don't understand what you are referring to:oops: Perhaps grip ring is a different expression over here?
Yea I don't know if there is an actual name for it, but on the 21 and 22 with ride by wire throttle there is a raised lip on the throttle tube meant to hold the grip in place. There is a matching groove in the grip that goes over that lip. You can see it here to the left of my thumb in the pic.

kQ5N5o9h.jpg

Earlier models had ridges or ribs that ran the length of the throttle tube.

That's not true and the optional stock ones are too expensive, plus you could also shim them if needed. Yes the 22 and 21 are the same because the ton of improvements were done in 21 but I think the 22 is a couple hundred more. I bought a 900 Kawi before I learned there was an auto trans bike out there and it's not as easy to ride as my last bike 30 years ago due to a little arthritis in my left hand and numbness in my feet. I ordered a 22 but IDK when it will be here.
Also don't let them tell you the controller won't fit because you can put them anywhere with a little ingenuity.

Last edited:
Ferret,
I had the Oxford Grips installed by the dealer in January when I took the bike in to get the ECU reflashed. It doesn't look to me that the grips were trimmed. The Oxford controller is normally mounted on the left, attached to the clutch lever bracket. The DCT doesn't have a clutch lever. On my bike the controller is mounted on the right, on the brake lever bracket. I don't find this location a problem because I don't adjust the temperature setting very often during a ride. Also the hand guards are GIVI HP1111, fit nicely, no problems.

Lee B.

View attachment 48525
I am a bit behind you with installing Oxford grips on my 2022 DCT. Believe I need to put them in the same place you have yours unless I buy some kind of bar adapter. Do you know if the dealer just straightened the bracket that mounts the controller? I think it needs to be perfectly straight to connect to right hand brake reservoir so the cable routes correctly. Trying not to screw things up with my low level skills.

I am a bit behind you with installing Oxford grips on my 2022 DCT. Believe I need to put them in the same place you have yours unless I buy some kind of bar adapter. Do you know if the dealer just straightened the bracket that mounts the controller? I think it needs to be perfectly straight to connect to right hand brake reservoir so the cable routes correctly. Trying not to screw things up with my low level skills.
It looks like the shop flatten the stock bracket.

It looks like the shop flatten the stock bracket.
That's what I am thinking. Oxford really needs to provide an option for a left side bracket (what they provide) and a right side bracket, what we need with a DCT. Guess I'll see if I can straighten it. Don't know if I'll be able to do so.

I like the idea of the optional stock heaters because they look cleaner, but I don't like the price. I am actually leaning more toward heated gloves now because the grip heaters don't heat the back of your hands and the bike remains untouched. I guess the hand guards help there but I don't have those on my bike.

I like the idea of the optional stock heaters because they look cleaner, but I don't like the price. I am actually leaning more toward heated gloves now because the grip heaters don't heat the back of your hands and the bike remains untouched. I guess the hand guards help there but I don't have those on my bike.
To keep your hands warm you need to address two things; thermal comfort and wind chill discomfort. Heated grips or gloves will take care of the thermal and hand guards will block the wind. Blocking the wind may allow a lower setting on the grips or gloves. If you use battery powered (not bike battery) gloves a lower setting may extended the time until the batteries run out of charge. Hand guards can be removed in warmer weather, easy simple to do.

Finally got my Oxford's installed on my 2022 NC. Couple of things learned. First, the battery on 2021+ models is in the back of the frunk, not the front. Made it a little trickier getting the cable from the controller to the battery. But using a coat hanger I was able to do so without taking off side panels. Eventually I will get in there for something else and neaten up as needed. Second, mounting the controller on the DCT does require you to bend the bracket so you can attach it to the right side. Used a couple of vice grips and was not a big deal. This is basically what it says to do in their directions. Finally, when I took off the OEM grips there were no little nubs on the throttle side. The bar was as smooth as can be. My only issue is that I could not get the throttle side grip to slide on all the way. I did not see the comment above about the raised lip on the throttle tube and I fought trying to get it all the way on. I tried the rubber mallet and twisting but got to a point I could not get it any closer. At some point the hairspray I used instead of glue set in and the grip would not move. Do you think I need to get the grip off and grind off the grip ring??? Not sure if taking them off now would damage them. They do work great and seem very secure.

Attachments

• Oxford Throttle side installed.JPG
    Oxford Throttle side installed.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
Congrats. No way the Oxford tube is going to go over the grip ring, (without grinding the ring off) so if you got it on up to that ring, thats as far as it was ever going to go. If they work and the bar ends went back on, and there's no issue with the little electrical thing hitting anything when you twist the throttle, then I'd say you are good to go.

Back