• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Other new(s) from Floriduh

TwoWheelers

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello from Floriduh.
The wife and I both drive and are both looking at the new Honda offerings.
Wife drives at this time a 400 Burgman, and I drive a C50T Suzuki.
We've seen the standard and auto NC700X. No test drives yet.
Only question is: do you think there will be 2013 and beyond models of this NC700X?
We've both been burned with first year new models, and would rather have others or even Honda identify the new bugs/problems.
This looks like a great forum.
Thanks.
:cool:

Hello Floriduh and Good morning TwoWheelers.
Merry Christmas.
Only an undisclosed source from Honda can speak to your question about the 2013 models (until the public relations team kicks into gear);

Based on what your wife is running, the NC700XDCT would be a great machine to move over to, and along that line (Breaks My Wallet) BMW group has a C650GT I was drooling over for a bit before acquiring the XD. I can appreciate your trepidation with "First Year" models, and thus far on the forum, nothing major of note, other than lack of accessories and some have had a hard time (pun intended) with the seat, but many of us are happy with it.

From what I see of the C50T Suzuki, that's quite a machine you got there. Some things of note which I'm sure you already know is a seat height of 32", as well as a more, ah, compact RPM scale, short-shifting required. Redline max is around 8500rpm (according to the dial). Take your time test riding machines (in the interim) you've still got two good runners.

Curiously interested in your future purchase decision, Honda or not, as long as you're on two :)

The response has been very positive with this bike and sales good, I really think the NC700X will be around for a long time.

Hi welcome from the UK. don't think that there will too much of a problem with 2013 NCs Honda UK has already listed them. Going by the fact that Honda seem to be selling them faster than they can supply them I think that they will be around for a while

The response has been very positive with this bike and sales good, I really think the NC700X will be around for a long time.

From what my Dealer has been sayin' Honda did not anticipate the demand for this new model. I believe Honda has hit a sweet spot for many people who are new and old in motorcycling and should be around for a long time...

Thanks for the quick and positive responses. Seat height and low RPM's are not a problem; we've owned a TransAlp and two KLR 650's.

Last edited:
Wife and I went to the nearest dealer again today. We both sat on the NC 700X as drivers and passengers.
Still thinking positive. Hope to see 2013 NC700X's listed.

Other than the seat, I haven't heard of many complaints mechanically. There will always be a bike or three that has some sort of bug in it, but that's for every manufacture.

As for a 2013, I'm going to say probably not. The NCX really didn't hit the market till late in the year so even newly built bikes will stay as a 2012 holdover. 2014 would be my guess for a "new" model year. Even then, Honda has put a lot of new models out for 2013 so to me it looks like they are testing the market...in the US anyway so I don't know what they plan on keeping or getting rid of.

Back