• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Other bikes with a frunk

Rocker66

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.kawasakiw650.co.uk
Reading a copy of Practical Sports Bike magazine I came across a mention of a bike that has it's fuel in the bellypan and a storage area in the dummy tank. Storage area smaller than the frunk but the same basic idea. The bike is a 1997 Bimota BB1 Supermono. Another bike that had a false tank with a storage compartment was the 60s Ariel Arrow and the touring version the Leader. The cover to the compartment can be see in the picture Does anyone know of any other similar arrangements?
ARIELARROW_zps40726baa.jpg

Not a false tank, but 70s Bultaco Frontera had a small compartment over the tank, normally used to carry tools and/or documentation.

frontera2.jpg

not quite a frunk........... gold wing dummy tank

I should have remembered that having owned both 1000 & 1100 versions. The 1000 was really unusual in that as well as the top of the dummy tank opening for access to the storage are but the sides of the dummy tank dropped down to reveal the header tank for the rad the electrics and a believe it or not a kick starter

BMW R100GSPD Had a small frunk, enough for a 6 pack of talls and some other odds and ends.

The BMW F650CS, the ugly city version, had a full sized frunk (IE can store a helmet). You could also get interesting accessories for it, like a stereo, soft bag that sticks out past, helmet straps, e.t.c.

BMW R100GSPD Had a small frunk, enough for a 6 pack of talls and some other odds and ends.

The BMW F650CS, the ugly city version, had a full sized frunk (IE can store a helmet). You could also get interesting accessories for it, like a stereo, soft bag that sticks out past, helmet straps, e.t.c.

Interesting. The first one has like a little glove compartment looking thing and the fuel tank is up there too. The second one, I have to agree it is kind of ugly.

It's been said before, and I have to believe it's true, that Honda copied/ripped off the design of the NC700 from the Aprilia Mana 850. Of course, I think Honda perfected it and think it's a better machine than the Mana. The Mana gets much poorer gas mileage, it's heavier and then the maintenance schedule is frightful. Leno loves it and it also has an automatic tranny. But it's definitely a frunk which preceeded ours.

Go Honda.

Back