• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Online Source for Key Blanks HD109's for $0.95

GregC

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
thought I'd share my source for key blanks for the NC700 (US model, without HISS):

Key Blanks

The Ilco HD109's are $0.95 each with shipping by US Mail at $4.50, so overall not a bad deal, especially if you buy several. They also sell a JMA brand blank for a couple pennies less.

I bought several of these and had a local locksmith cut new keys off my OEM key.

I have no affiliation with the seller, but after hunting around for the HD109's and begin shocked at pricing (on eBay also) when I found these guys I was thrilled and thought I'd share.

Greg

If you have a Rural King nearby, they stock the HD109s and I bought one and they cut it for $1.25.

Thanks for the tip, David. I just went to Rural King and got an HD109 key and cutting for $1.79 total. Not a bad deal. They had a whole rack of various brand motorcycle keys.

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend somewhere in Canada? I've been looking around but have yet to find somewhere in-person.
A cheap online (to Canada) would be good too.

Can anyone recommend somewhere in Canada? I've been looking around but have yet to find somewhere in-person.
A cheap online (to Canada) would be good too.
If you have the HISS system in Canada, a cheap alternative may not be possible. We don't have the HISS system on the bikes in the US.

I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but is there a shorter version of the HD109 blank available? I would like to make a frunk only key.

Thanks

belrix

I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but is there a shorter version of the HD109 blank available? I would like to make a frunk only key.
You can cut down the key to any length you need. I had my "frunk only" key shortened by the local hardware store while they were cutting the key for me. Whole thing cost about $2.50, including the key...

Thanks

belrix
There is a short blank that fits, but the key thinner. It activates the lock tumblers and turns the lock cylinder, but it will bend/break. I almost broke mine off in the lock...

Never heard of Rural king.

It's southern IL version of Fleet Farm, Farm and Fleet, Farm and Home, Orschelns, Stockmans and several similar stores with free pop corn. ;)

As far as the HD109 many Ace hardware stock them.

Last edited:
Try a HD 105 blank...its shorter. There's another post on this (18 pages). Search "frunk key".

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Getting additional ignition keys made

I have an unfortunate situation that my bike only came with 1 ignition key. The previous owner lost the other or didn't have it. So I would like to get some more keys made for the bike. Does this key have a chip in it requiring me to have it made at the dealer? Or can any place that makes keys make some spares for me? Thanks!

Whether it has a chip depends on where you live. Serenity isn't a location I'm familiar with.

I had zero luck finding the HD109 blanks locally so ordered 5 from eBay. Had a "real" lock and key guy cut them - don't trust the crappy machines at Lowes and Home Depot to cut the keys.

US keys are not "chipped," and European/Japanese are (as I understand it).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surprised that there aren't any from china. I got Suzuki key blanks from China for like $2 shipped and they worked just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to everyone who replied. I ordered some HD109 and HD105 blanks. I will try to make the frunk keys while I am getting the spare ignition keys made. Glad that it isn't as difficult in the US as it is in other places. :D

Back