• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Omnia-Racing. Anyone dealt with this company before?

L.B.S.

Fixed Idea
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I wanted to buy a set of Givi TN1111 engine guards. Poked around on various EBay sites, and this Omnia company kept popping up with tons of NC700X applicable stuff. Great!

Also, their prices seemed inline with everyone else, if not a little better. They are Italian.

Sent an email, because they don't list shipping charges. Fine, no problem, "contact seller for detailed shipping charges to your country."

I thought everyone on the planet knew that VAT (value added tax) is only charged to the residents of that country or people living in other Eurozone affiliated countries. If you live in Australia, USA, Canada, etc., you are not charged VAT when they add up your total and send it off to you in the post.

Same thing goes here. If someone from Italy purchased something from Canada, and had it sent to them in the mail, no GST ("goods and services tax" our version of VAT) is charged to that buyer.

I email the Omnia dudes, asking very, very, simply, what the total item cost and shipping charges come to, not including the VAT that is built in to their price. (it's like 20% or something)

They reply with a one liner: "I cannot falsify the invoice, I can only declare the right value."

WTF! Seriously?

Surely a large Ebay selling company that ships all over the world has this knowledge pretty sewn up, right? Or are they trying to pull a fast one, and charge VAT when they aren't supposed to, pocketing the difference? :mad:

"VAT on exports of goods to non-EU countries

VAT is a tax charged on goods used in the EU, so if goods are exported outside the EU, VAT isn't charged. You can zero-rate the sale, provided you get and keep evidence of the export, and comply with all other laws. You must also make sure the goods are exported, and you must get the evidence, within three months from the time of sale."

Sigh. All I want is some darned Givi engine guards at a reasonable price.

L.B.S., try accessorimotostore.com You can pay via PayPal as well

Thanks

Unfortunately they too, are weird :(

"no shipping available to selected Country"

I tried putting in USA, Japan, New Zealand, Brazil, etc., to see if it was just Canada getting the cold shoulder lol, but same thing- do not ship to that country. They seem to only ship to Euro countries. Belgium is ok. Germany is ok, etc.

What's up with Italian companies? They don't like shipping to the rest of the world? That's just silly.

Probably for the best though, as they appear to use UPS. UPS sucks for delivering to Canada, they charge an obscene "Brokerage fee" that is absolutely criminal. I refuse to ever get a delivery if UPS is used.

Thanks anyway duk2n, appreciate the thought :)

Thanks, Lee. :)

Solomoto 189.00+39.00 shipping= $227.00 US yaay! They ship to Canuckland with no insane hoops to jump through, or bizarrro ridiculous conditions! Their Website is pleasant to navigate, and shipping questions exceptionally easily found and answered.

If the idiots at Omnia or Accessori charge $114.00, (105 euros minus the 20% VAT equals approx. 87 Euros, converted to US dollars) they could tack on a $110.00+ delivery fee, and still be cheaper.

Revzilla doesn't deign to ship to Canada for anything less than a $300.00 dollar purchase, so I'm unlikely to ever buy from them, a shame.

And I followed your thread on longer bolts (teehee) with much interest and note-taking, thank you!

Have you asked them via email? It just could be they need to calculate the shipping costs, drop them a line

Hmm, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try, especially for such a cost savings, but I am kinda gun shy with dealing with the Italians now, lol. I'd rather pay more money than have a hassle with people who don't seem to want my business, or make it stupidly difficult to try and order from them...

Thanks mate, I appreciate your help ;)

Their Website is pleasant to navigate, and shipping questions exceptionally easily found and answered.

I had not used Solomotoparts before the NC purchase and have traditionally used Revzilla for such. But I bought some Givi parts from them as well as my Öhlins shock and have since come to appreciate their service. That and price are about the only ways for a middleman to distinguish (or disgrace) himself. They seem to be a very good outfit in my limited experience.

Back