• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Old soul. Slightly old body. New to NC700.

Donald4k

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all. Don from just a little NW of ATL. Been looking at getting a NOS NC700X, fitting it with some gentle knobbies, and making my way through the hills and trails across the country. Never had an adventure/DS before. My last mount was a Bandit 1200. Before that, it was everything and anything between a FXDL and a KZ1000, including a Trail 70 as a kid. Looking to learn from y'all. Thanks for allowing me here. (And a shout out to Old Can Ride for the FR. It's good to be welcomed.)

May as well get at least one welcome in from sunny So. California... Welcome Don.

Older? So am I... love the NC... great project bike, well designed, and relatively easy to service.

May as well get at least one welcome in from sunny So. California... Welcome Don.

Older? So am I... love the NC... great project bike, well designed, and relatively easy to service.

Everything I read about the NC, specs, reviews, and posts here, lead me to the same conclusions.

Last edited:
Welcome from SC , older me too . A lighter bike with suspension travle is a key for me to ride longer.Thought I might try another cruiser again untill I lifted one off the side stand UGH

Nofear2trek is on the money. The DCT is a lot easier to ride. The DCT let's you use that 10% extra time to think about what is next in front of you, and not what gear you are in. Great on the up hills and down hills in the dirt. Living in Georgia is also a great extra plus. Georgia is the only state I know of that offers some great off road schools at a reasonable price. Check with Fuzzy or DCTfan for the off-road Georgia schools.

Last edited:
MSF Dirt Bike School in Alpharetta is awesome. They provide everything for $125 for beginner class. Show up with underwear and socks and they will provide the rest. All gear from boots to helmet plus a bike. (Don't think they would appreciate someone showing up commando) Max students in class is 6.

Trail riding or dual sport riding class is $145, but max 4 students with 2 instructors. (Take the beginner class first)

I may go back and take the beginner class again and ride my NC. Not sure I want the heavy NC on their trails. Go to DCT fan's web page and he has some video. He rode is Africa Twin on the trails.

Back