• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Okay be honest...who has suffered some buyer’s remorse?

Wow, 31 pages of buyers remorse. At least that is what it looks like from the index :D

Looks like your wish has been granted. Adventure touring bike with the heart of a FZ09
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 Sport-Tourer First Ride Motorcycle Review- Photos: Yamaha?s new middleweight sport-tourer is an FZ-09 at heart.

I have been at peace with my adorable NC700x, but this FJ09 has left me desiring for more. I like everything I hear about this.

That looks like a pretty sweet bike, then I saw fuel mileage in the 30's. NC keeps looking better.More go would be nice, but I don't want to give up the mileage or frunk.

Friend of mine just picked up the FZ09. We switched bikes , It has some pretty serious go when laying on the throttle. Other than that I wasn't as blown away as I thought I was going to be. Friends response with the NC was the bars were more comfortable and oh yeah he got all frunked-up:rolleyes:.

Followed one into Deals Gap and the usual lack of ground clearance let me easily pace the much more powerful FZ-09. The list of bikes a Cogent suspended NC can hang with on mountain roads continues to grow. And I get to enjoy the benefits of a torquey, under stressed and economical machine.

KEB

Last edited:
Interestingly enough, I had bought a replacement bike and after logging 7000 miles on it the past few months, I have decided to keep both. I was going to sell the NC700X and had paid it off and was waiting for the title. Its tough to describe, but the low CG, frunk and how I have it setup with lots of cargo capability but narrow (lane splitting) are probably the reasons to keep. I REALLY wish I had gone for the ABS model. The DCT with the ABS was the reason I didnt but in hindsight, the DCT would have been fine for what I'm using the bike for. Maybe at 100k miles, I'll swap out for a DCT/ABS bike. Maybe Honda will give the USA the 750 and maybe we will get a larger fuel tank? That would help, but for now, I am switching back to the NX for commuting (no remorse)

I really like my '15 NC700X DCT, but seeing the new '16 upgrades is giving me a little remorse. I'm also looking at Honda's new '16 VFR1200X. It doesn't have a price listed yet, but I'm guessing $15k +/- $1k. That would be a heck of an upgrade, but it would probably be double the cost of mine if not more.

Hard to imagine a bike twice the price better. I'll be honest, it took me while to adjust to the NCXD, but I'm there now. Still,a little work to do here and there.

no remorse either. I love my NC.
the FZ09 looks great but , come on Yamaha, only 44mpg on paper. that's like 35mpg in real life :) no thanks, I'll stick with my 65+mpg NC700x -> more $$$ in my pocket.

Nope no remorse here going on 3 years and over 20,000 miles all mine. Still love it just as much as I did when I bought it but my expectations for this bike were carefully considered when I bought it in other words I knew what it was and new what it wasn't. With that said this bike continues to surprise me.

I don't have remorse,I knew what it was and at the time it fit my needs perfectly.But next year it will be gone in favor of more HP and torque.

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

Back