• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Okay be honest...who has suffered some buyer’s remorse?

You never replace, you only add to the herd, that way all 4+ bikes last forever.

My 2012 NCX is so perfect for my 55mile/day commute and quick grocery runs or going to see friends. On top of that it gets insane MPG, has a super high seat for both my visibility and so others see me. Every time I look at a different bike I can't justify replacing the NC with it. It's too practical.

My last two street bikes were a Super Tenere and an ST1300. Both of them were beautiful and strong bikes. I probably should not have sold the SuperTen, but it was a tall bike, and my wife has problems with vertigo. Curvy roads made her dizzy. Think about it ... tall bike, your head is higher off the road, if you flick the bike from left to right, your head travels more distance than on a shorter bike for the same angle-to-angle shift. So we got the ST1300. She liked that one a lot better, but after getting "lit up" with the blue lights one too many times, I decided to try a smaller bike. Hence, the NC700X.

s10wheelie2_zps4725a042.jpg

dragon3_zps1dde8cb6.jpg

When I first got it, I was having a hard time getting used to it. Most of the time I had the throttle pegged, and I was kicking it to go harder. I realize that's exactly why I got the bike -- to learn to slow down a bit -- but it doesn't happen overnight.

The longer term issue is that the bike was not very comfortable at first. Since adding the Puig tall windshield, the 2" Rox risers, and the Corbin seat, I am really starting to warm up to the bike. It still has less power than I am used to, but I really need to stop acting like a hooligan. The bike's mileage and storage capacity are awesome. I like to camp off the bike, so having 144 liters of storage is nice. I have another 65 liters of dry bags if I need more stuff.

DSC_8512_zpsbac8f135.jpg

As of this moment, the only other comfort mod that I need to complete is upgrading the suspension. On Monday, I ordered the Cogent DDC kit. I'll get that installed whenever it arrives, then I'll start shopping for a rear shock setup. Based on feedback from others (e.g., Beemerphile), I think that I will be much happier when the suspension is done. I've ordered a set of Avon Storm 3D XM tires to install after I get the suspension fixed. I had Avon Storm 2 Ultras on the ST1300, and they were great in the twisties (another of my passions).

So, the long and short of it is this:

I wanted a 650cc bike with great mileage, great storage, great ergos, great suspension, great looks, and low cost. Nothing was available that fit all of those requirements. So, I am building that bike using the NC as a starting point. And I will ride the hell out of this bike until I can afford my GL1800. At that point, I will probably keep the NC as my short-range bike.

So we got the ST1300. She liked that one a lot better, but after getting "lit up" with the blue lights one too many times, I decided to try a smaller bike. Hence, the NC700X.

For a long time I wanted a FJR1300 or a ST1300. I really thought they'd be "Smart" not too fast touring bikes. Someone rented me one for my birthday, awesome boss by the way, and I learned quickly that an ST1300 is much like a Sport bike. It doesn't like to be ridden slow anywhere. And with that test ride I learned I prefer to ride slow bikes fast more than fast bikes slow. I caught myself at 90mph on the Freeway often for my day of fun.

For a long time I wanted a FJR1300 or a ST1300. I really thought they'd be "Smart" not too fast touring bikes. Someone rented me one for my birthday, awesome boss by the way, and I learned quickly that an ST1300 is much like a Sport bike. It doesn't like to be ridden slow anywhere. And with that test ride I learned I prefer to ride slow bikes fast more than fast bikes slow. I caught myself at 90mph on the Freeway often for my day of fun.

I have a 2004 ST1300 with over 74,000 miles on it, I still "LOVE" that bike. After riding my nephews CB1000R for a week, the "ST" feels slow, of course its 200 lbs heavier too. It still gets up and "Hauls A$$", just does not get up to speed as fast the CB1000R. I could see myself owning a CB1000R one day, maybe after my nephew is tried of his... :D

My NC700XD "NaNCy" is a "Blast" to ride. Like everyone has been saying all along, "It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow." I have been reacquainted with that recently.

My 1975 CB360 is also a blast to ride too, however riding around at "Full Throttle" to prevent yourself from being ranover is not always fun either.

My 1975 CB360 is also a blast to ride too, however riding around at "Full Throttle" to prevent yourself from being ranover is not always fun either.

That's why I don't have a Ninja 250 anymore.

For the engineers, "Remember that the reason a bike enthusiast has X bikes in the garage is that there is not room for X+1."

Truth. I have no buyer’s remorse about the make/model I purchased. The NC700X is actually the perfect bike for me. Yes I would have liked to have a 1000cc, but I don’t need 1000cc’s. Do I need a Street Glide, no. Would I like Street Glide, sure.
My remorse is that I did not think about the accessories I bought at the time of the purchase. I really didn’t need the wind deflectors. They appear too small to be of much use and I really don’t think they do anything. I should have bought the Honda saddle bags at the time of purchase and had them put on the small loan I took out and Givi engine protectors. I need to talk to my buddy at the dealership about proper upselling. 
Some of you would say the OEM bags are too small but as I stated about the engine displacement the bags are the same. I don’t need BIG saddle bags the Honda bags would be fine.

I don't have remorse over the NC. I love it, but I am seriously lusting after the FJ-09. I might have to take one for a spin when they hit the showroom.

Last edited:
The only remorse I have about purchasing the NC700X is not doing it sooner! Plus the dealer threw in free labor to install options and should have added more than the center stand.

Hind sight is 20/20!

Yeah when I saw the new Indian scout come out I had second thoughts also but my nc700xde is pretty cool and will probably last longer and cost less in the long run. Don't like throwing away my money on a trade in. Kurt

I think the more I ride off-road (easy stuff now) I some times think I maybe should have bought a BMW 800 GS, KTM 690, ..... but when I read on the ADVriders net or on utube the additions needed to keep them from breaking and the cost of the valve adjustments etc. I'm real glad I have the X and a lot more $ for travel.

I throw you another example regarding poor(in my view) design that might be one of the he causes of poor sales(imo)
I'm big fan of Craigslist, selling all my crap all the time. When im selling old OEM MB cover for specific model, even at the price of a regular cover(50$, while oem cover cost well over 200$) im geting no response. While I was trying to sell some patio set-there is 50 emails each day and actually a bid wars. Why? Cause everyone is your potential buyer in case of patio furniture and in case of cover-you need to find and owner of this particular model, year etc, who doesn't have the cover. You list of potential buyers immediately shrinks to practically 0.
how is this relevant to nc? 1 question-how many potential buyers can sit on the bike comfortably? Forget about girly looking ctx or whatever the name was. I do like nc look, cause it loks like a cheaper version of bmw. How many potential buyers can comfortably sit on nc with both fits on the ground? I would say 1/4. Again-ih those honda geniuseswould make front seat lower OR spend few extra bucks to make suspension adjustable-that thing alone would boost list of potential buyers dramatically. And like I said-the functionality of tall oem screen along with it. Why not to make 3 sizes for oem tall screen? S, M,L(XL). It's a piece of stamped plastic. How hard that is? Are you serious about defending prices for oem accessories? Those side wind deflectors-$80 each and you cool with that? One more time-its a piece of stamped plastic that probably cost 1-2 bucks to produce. Bad seat on 2012 and better on 2014-make it inexpensive and interchangeable.
Same for instrument panel.want some more sensors? Functionalities? Make them easy to add. Damn..make three types of instrument panels-digital, analog and mix.so the customer can pick whatever he wants. Nc stands for new concept? What im proposing is a new concept. What they made and way they are marketing it-im not sure wtf was that. If this is commute bike-then why it's so high? To me-perfect example for perfect commuter is a burgman. Easy to get on, off, comfortable. That's a commuter.if this is an adventure-then why tank is on the back? Adventure mean carrying lot of **** on the back of the bike...stuff that you have to move all the time at gas station. Like I said -I like the look, I do like the performance, but all those little things mentioned above(and many others)makes me very sceptical about Japanese designers that work at honda.

remember this conversation? well... ducatti done just that with a new scrambler. honda people should read my posts on this board from time to time..

Ducati Scrambler

The engineers did a smashing job. There is no reason why should not still buy a brand new one for still $6,999. Maybe ecen less.

The D. Scambler is nice oackage, but lots of hp, almost double the cost.

The NC is still the most frugal MC, which is what Honda went for.

I am having a blast with NC. I watched it since it was first announced and two weeks ago finally got scratched one with 6000 miles and upgraded seat and bar risers. I stay away from virgin bikes ;).

There is a bike in the making I am watching though
Honda?s True Adventure concept | MCN

"The parallel-twin engine layout offers improved packaging for the rest fo the bike’s design, by freeing up space for the airbox and fuel tank when compared to the V-twin used on the original Africa Twin. This will also eliminate the potential cooling issues with the rear cylinder bank. "

Can you say frunk? :) Ok, I'm tweaked now too!

Back