• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NGK spark plug

284b55adccb2c5946803e6aee6c6601f.jpg
68a8bd1ead9fb79198ea4584356b112b.jpg

I installed these the last time I was working on my motorcycle $7 or so

The plain-jane copper Champions I installed way back when, just to irk those here who are a bit too uptight about the whole thing, are still operating perfectly, and mpg is as high as ever. ;-)

I know this thread is old but I was working on this today. Sometimes I latch on to a topic and want to collect more information to make my own informed opinion. Since this thread originally started there is a lot more availability of the stock plug.

Stock: NGK 1314 IFR6G-11K Laser Iridium Plug NGK.com

NGK 1314 IFR6G-11K Laser Iridium Plug.JPG

Replacement: NGK 3764 BKR6EIX-11 IX Iridium Plug NGK.com

NGK 3764 BKR6EIX-11 IX Iridium Plug.JPG

From the information I found there are some differences between the plugs. According to the supplier, the stock plug has a longevity of 100k miles. The service manual recommends replacing them at 32k miles. I am going to buy the stock plugs from NGK for $11.62 a plug plus $4.28 shipping. I will keep them in my inventory pushing for the 100k miles out of them. If I don't make it based on engine performance or failing the spark plug inspection test specified in the manual, I will have the replacements ready to go.

Happy motorcycling :)

Last edited:
I just bought a set of plugs directly from NGK also. Delivered to my door in two days. No problems. I got the recommended plug part number in the manual.
I added a plug for the lawnmower and generator to the order for the same shipping cost. Funny, the lawnmower plug was only $1.99 (basic plug, not iridium). The iridium NC plug was about $10 each.

JT

What URL did you use to buy directly “from NGK?” NGK USA still doesn’t sell to consumers, AFAIK.

What URL did you use to buy directly “from NGK?” NGK USA still doesn’t sell to consumers, AFAIK.

NGK Automotive OE Replacement Parts on NGK.com fixed the names in the original post.

Edit: You are correct MZ5. When it said ngk.com I assumed it was from NGK directly. The site has a disclaimer that they specialize in hard to find NGK products and provided the link to NGK spark plugs USA

Last edited:
Back