• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Next big Mod...

draco_1967

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This is a teaser pic of what is coming up for my Serenity:
6u6avybu.jpg

What's in the tube? I'll give you a hint. It rhymes with "schminyl."
:D

PS: I love this bike and its frunk!

I used 1/4" tape.

Although I would have loved a camo vinyl wrap, I couldn't justify the cost. What I have in mind will be a bit more frugal. It will likely only last a year or two before I want to change it again :eek:
More to come next week...I hope.

If I ever get to take my RTW trip I have been planning for the last 10 years the bike ( or my sidecar rig )will get a full vinyl wrap,it will be a map of the world.Than every country I go thru will be permently marked on the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the frunk lid last week in the red cf vinyl and clear plastidip just to test how it looks and if I could hack it with the vinyl. Well, the fleabay vinyl sucks for quality (surprise!:rolleyes: ). When passing the clear plastidip on top of that, the texure is mostly lost. I do however like the look of the matte silver. Ultimately, I will black plastidip the silver. I will probably forego the vinyl and just use red plastidip for the accents I want.
ujy7ubeg.jpg

What's the purpose of the PlastiDip? Is it applied to protect the vinyl?
Mike

The idea was to protect the vinyl. The carbon fiber texture catches easily and causes the vinyl to tear. If it were just plain matte red, I would not PlastiDip over it.

Back