• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New year = new bike? (no NC700 contents in this thread)

Oh, I'm very tempted. I got to see and sit on a 2013 1200s. From what I've read about it, it's everything you could want for an all terrain. I'll be keeping my NC for a while and may add the Duc to the stable some time in the near future. I'll have to find the right dealer to work with though.

Having owned the original MS I know the need for a reliable Ducati dealer within a reasonable distance. I'm not impressed with the current local dealer so I can't see me returning to Ducati ownership any time soon. This is a shame as I think that the new MS is an excellent bike
DCP_0760.jpg

I tend to do my own service with the aid of factory service manuals. I still don't know too much about the BMW's and Duc's in terms of dealer service requirements or special tools. Need to research.

I would love to own another Duc but after the service nightmares I had with the last one I don't see one in my future. Dependable has become my major watch word when I look a bikes now, with parts availability being the second.

I would love to own another Duc but after the service nightmares I had with the last one I don't see one in my future. Dependable has become my major watch word when I look a bikes now, with parts availability being the second.

I was told the latest Duc's are very reliable. You can still get a lemon, one or two, but generally they have better parts and reliability.
Perhaps due to Audi's influence?
:p

Unfortunately this bike is still more expensive than a GS. I am not giving out money like this, but wish I could.

Last edited:
Back