• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New to this forum not the bike

shawnfrontier

Reaction score
Visit site
Got a 2013 NC700X exactly a year ago from this month. I was only able to put 6850 miles on it last year. Only got two modifications done on it which are LED headlight blub from V-LED.com and TBR Carbon Fiber Black Series Slip-on. Next thing to be done is the drop in air filter. This winter has been crap so haven't gotten to ride it since Nov. If the weather stay reasonable and the ice on the driveway melts, I should be riding again this weekend. I'd figured I would going a forum for my bike since I have for my car. Joined about a week ago, but my SSD failed on my desktop so couldn't upload pictures. Been riding for 7 years now. Previous bikes are (in order of ownership) 2000 Yamaha Virgo 250, 2002 Kawasaki Vulcan Mean Streak 1500, 2011 Harley Davidson V-Rod Muscle (still have) and the 2013 Honda NC700X.

IMG_20130619_200001_275.jpg

Hey ....
Welcome .....
...... and tell us more about the LED Headlight Bulb .....
...............maybe create a new Thread over in the Mods section

NC700 Mods

Thanks ...

Got a 2013 NC700X exactly a year ago from this month. I was only able to put 6850 miles on it last year. Only got two modifications done on it which are LED headlight blub from V-LED.com and TBR Carbon Fiber Black Series Slip-on. Next thing to be done is the drop in air filter. This winter has been crap so haven't gotten to ride it since Nov. If the weather stay reasonable and the ice on the driveway melts, I should be riding again this weekend. I'd figured I would going a forum for my bike since I have for my car. Joined about a week ago, but my SSD failed on my desktop so couldn't upload pictures. Been riding for 7 years now. Previous bikes are (in order of ownership) 2000 Yamaha Virgo 250, 2002 Kawasaki Vulcan Mean Streak 1500, 2011 Harley Davidson V-Rod Muscle (still have) and the 2013 Honda NC700X.

View attachment 12976

9.jpg

Howdy from Texas! See you now have two bikes that you have to open the rear seat to put gas into. If you camp out you will be well versed in packing and unpacking.

SmileyModest.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome Shawn! My wife is from up that way. I have had the pleasure of riding all over Michigan in the summer. Even stayed a night on Mackinaw Island. Great roads. Man, a crashed SSD drive? I haven't heard of those going south yet. I have two and don't think I could ever go back to old HD's now. Much faster with the SSD!

Thanks for the welcomes everyone

Welcome Shawn! My wife is from up that way. I have had the pleasure of riding all over Michigan in the summer. Even stayed a night on Mackinaw Island. Great roads. Man, a crashed SSD drive? I haven't heard of those going south yet. I have two and don't think I could ever go back to old HD's now. Much faster with the SSD!

Yeah it was a Corsair Force SSD 120GB that lasted 1.5 years. Now running a Samsung 128GB

Since our bikes use an H4 halogen bulb, and this is the only H4 fitment (that I can see on the site off hand), I would guess this one possibly: H4 9003 5K CXA 2000LM MOTORCYCLE HEADLIGHT | 1 EA - LED - Headlights - Bulb Type

There is also this, that I am following with interest over on ADV: LED Headlight "Bulb" replacement Modules - ADVrider

That's the bulb I'm using. Low beam is a lot better but the high beam you do loose a little compared to the halogen, but nothing to make it unsafe to ride at night.

Last edited:
Welcome from SW Missouri and thanks for the LED headlight tip. I have a Cylcops LED headlight on the way for mine.

Hello from the sunrise side of the mitten.

Its good to see another Michigander on the forum. My insurance goes back into effect on 3-15.
I will be going for my first ride of the year on Saturday. Looking forward to it!!

Last edited:
Back