• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Paint Job on NCX

Nc_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I repainted my NCX today. I like the silver but I also like having something a little more individual. I would have done a metallic blue probably but the store only had black and white. I used plastidip and it went on fairly easily and the finished product was excellent. Instead of blacking out the entire bike or following Honda's design for what they color, I kept some of the silver on the sides but painted the frunk and the plastics touching the seat black to give it a little different look. It took a little more than one can and I think it took about two hours. The key is to paint all the surfaces simultaneously so you can maximize your efficiency waiting for paint to dry. I took the seats, the front fender, and the passenger grips off but otherwise the entire thing was done as is. I did tape some off...any way, the pictures will explain it all. It's weather proof and it cost me $6 to do so I'm pretty pleased.IMG_0777.jpgIMG_0778.jpgIMG_0779.jpgIMG_0780.jpgIMG_0781.jpgIMG_0782.jpgIMG_0783.jpgIMG_0784.jpgIMG_0785.jpgIMG_0786.jpg

Last edited:
Cool! I like it. Funny I was just the other day looking a YouTube videos of people plastidip'ing their vehicles and such. I've got a can in the garage too, just not sure how I want to go about it.

Last edited:
That looks freaking awesome! :cool:

And I'm so glad the last pictures showed final coats applied, the initial first coat ones I thought were an er..."artistic spatter pattern" and had me desperately thinking of ways to be polite in praise, LOL!! :eek:

[Seinfeld] "Not that there's anything wrong with that." [/Seinfeld]

I like it.good job.i think i am getting a hydro dipping kit as soon as i learn more about it.

I need to look into this product. I like what you've painted and what you've left silver. Looks good. I'd like to find a red and it give it a try.
Mike

Make sure you don't spill any gas on the rear section, it will peel right off. Except for being to fragile to gas, it's really good stuff.

I see that there is some over spray in a couple of pictures that doesn't exist in the final product. Does that indicate that its pretty easy to clean up? What does that mean for the taped line for the seat? How well do you expect that to hold up?

the overspray is very easy to clean up; I used a dry rag and wiped it down. The nice thing about the plastidip is that you can peel off excess spray to kind of sculpt what you want. It's great. And if you get tired of it you just peel the whole thing off.

nice job. Did you put any clear coat over that? Don't know how tough the paint is. Might be a good idea to put a hard clear coat over it to prevent any rock chip or corrosion from fuel spill, etc.

the overspray is very easy to clean up; I used a dry rag and wiped it down. The nice thing about the plastidip is that you can peel off excess spray to kind of sculpt what you want. It's great. And if you get tired of it you just peel the whole thing off.

That's cool. If you mess it up you can just peel it off an re-apply for $6 or $8 bucks and an hour of farkle time.

Mike, red is available. Google plastidip or go to plastidip.com. They have lots of colors, I did black because I could get it at the store so I wouldn't have to wait for shipping

nice job. Did you put any clear coat over that? Don't know how tough the paint is. Might be a good idea to put a hard clear coat over it to prevent any rock chip or corrosion from fuel spill, etc.

didn't do any clear coat; they claim it's fairly resilient but I'm not sure yet. I'm interested to see how it lasts. I'll update it here as I learn it. I'm going on a 1,600 freeway ride this weekend so that might reveal some weaknesses in it. Thanks for the tip. Would clear coat make it permanent or is that removable as well?

Back