• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New old guy on long island

Lsdpoet

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys...just picked up a 2012 NC700X with 7500 miles on the odometer..it will share the garage with my 2011 NT700 ABS...not that I'm new to bikes...been riding for over 40 years since I was a kid in Brooklyn, NY..to date U brlieve this will be my 74th or 75th bike...I used to manage a bike shop on the Island and had the resources.
Anyhow, I pretty much ride alone now throughout Long Island and nearby areas...love long distance rides but still working at 71 so don't have as much time as I would like.
Seems like a great site and happy to be part of it.

Hi guys...just picked up a 2012 NC700X with 7500 miles on the odometer..it will share the garage with my 2011 NT700 ABS...not that I'm new to bikes...been riding for over 40 years since I was a kid in Brooklyn, NY..to date U brlieve this will be my 74th or 75th bike...I used to manage a bike shop on the Island and had the resources.
Anyhow, I pretty much ride alone now throughout Long Island and nearby areas...love long distance rides but still working at 71 so don't have as much time as I would like.
Seems like a great site and happy to be part of it.

Welcome, I am pretty new here myself and everyone has been great so far!

Last edited:
Welcome to the site. I have to say that I hope I'm still riding at the age of 71 although that is only another 19 years away so pretty sure I will be. Interesting username?

25% of the people in the US either lived in, or had a relative who lived in Brooklyn. Up until 2014 I lived my first 60 years in Brooklyn: heart of Flatbush, Midwood and finally Marine Park. In the mid to late 70's I was the head Yamaha mechanic at Brooklyn Harley-Davidson / Yamaha. At that same time I did club road racing with AAMRR & WERA. Bridgehampton was a spectacular track. With kids and other family obligations I stopped riding from 1987 - 2016. In 2003 I started working for Northrop Grumman in Bethpage and in 2013 the President of our Division decided to move our program here to Melbourne, FL. Last month I rode up there to visit with friends and family. The Belt Parkway is still a disaster...

Back