• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

new nc750x competitor coming - Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT

I can't understand the allure of spoked wheels, I replaced my XL700 for the NC 750 and one of the main reasons was Tube Tyres, pain in the backside.

The Strom gearbox is not on a par with the NC750, and it will rot quickly, a common problem with Suzuki

In post number 12, the weestrom spoked wheels are listed as having tubeless tires. In the first post photo you can see how the spoke ends are anchored.

But, I'm with you. I have no desire to get spoked wheels, if for no other reason, they are a pain to clean.

Regarding tubes, even when riding with cast tubeless wheels you better have spare tube with you because when you crack the cast wheel you won't be able to inflated it without putting tube inside.

That is pure genius! I would have never thought of that. Thank you.

Not really, with a tubeless tyre it's worth carrying a tube on a long journey in case you get a small tear towards or on the side wall, which can happen on gravel roads, but if you cracked the rim on the wheel atube would be worthless to you, it would tear

Not really, with a tubeless tyre it's worth carrying a tube on a long journey in case you get a small tear towards or on the side wall, which can happen on gravel roads, but if you cracked the rim on the wheel atube would be worthless to you, it would tear or risk dismounting the tyre itself depending on the damage

Regarding tubes, even when riding with cast tubeless wheels you better have spare tube with you because when you crack the cast wheel you won't be able to inflated it without putting tube inside.

I have no experience with tubes. What size would you get for the NC? Is it the same as the tire size? Are they easy to find or should I order one before I leave?

I am grateful for ADV/dualsport bikes because they are the only ones this 6-footer can ride comfortably. Everything else makes me look like a shriner in a clown car.

Yep . . . We are in the same boat. The Strom 650 works well if you lower the pegs . . . Go up 1T on the front . . . They are geared too low in comparison to the NC. If you ride it like the NC you can get mid 60's mpg

I have no experience with tubes. What size would you get for the NC? Is it the same as the tire size? Are they easy to find or should I order one before I leave?

I have ordered these inner tubes:

MICHELIN 17 MG TR-4 front
MICHELIN 17 MI TR-4 rear

They've usually some range of sizes as you can imagine.
I they're easy to get, still some bikes use them. For longer trips
I carry them with me.

View attachment 22595

Last edited by a moderator:
Back