• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hello from Northeast Ohio.

I've been riding since 1964. Last fall I bought a 2012 NC700X. It was pretty much farkled out when I bought it. It has Cibie running lights, heated grips, Givi engine guards, Corbin seat, rear tire hugger, Metzler tires, new battery, Honda tall windshield, centerstand, Honda rear carrier, Givi top case with a backrest and a brake light, Honda saddlebags with the color match side panels. I've added a radiator guard, GPS mount and forward foot pegs. I have a front fender extender to install and I will soon buy a set of handlebar risers. In 2,100+ miles of riding it has averaged 68.3 mpg.

Welcome from a fellow NEO rider, there's quite a few of us now!! I also plan on adding risers before the fall so that I can install my Madstad winglets and hopefully have them clear my Kobra hand guards!

Hello from Tallahassee, Florida!

I've been visiting this forum on and off for months now as I waited for the 2017 to become available at several markets in my area. Long story short it didn't happen and doesn't look like it's happening anytime soon. Frustrating! But my waiting paid off! The dealership in my town gave me a deal I couldn't refuse on their new 2016 NC700x DCT.

After visiting the dealership this morning I drove home today a happy man. I'm looking forward to the rides to come. :D

20170617_141215.jpgimage000000.jpg

Hello from Northeast Ohio.

I've been riding since 1964. Last fall I bought a 2012 NC700X. It was pretty much farkled out when I bought it. It has Cibie running lights, heated grips, Givi engine guards, Corbin seat, rear tire hugger, Metzler tires, new battery, Honda tall windshield, centerstand, Honda rear carrier, Givi top case with a backrest and a brake light, Honda saddlebags with the color match side panels. I've added a radiator guard, GPS mount and forward foot pegs. I have a front fender extender to install and I will soon buy a set of handlebar risers. In 2,100+ miles of riding it has averaged 68.3 mpg.

Nice to see another NEO NC Rider !! Welcome !

What's up, fellow NC'ers. I live in the Louisville, Ky area. My first sugar momma bought my first bike, I think it was 2001, Buell S1 Lightning, accidental wheelies for days but never laid her down. I decided to take a cross country road trip a couple years ago and at the last minute figured it should be on a brand new NC700X. I put 3,300 miles on it in 14 days (all back roads) and loved every second of it. I'm a CNC Programmer just looking for my next adventure.20150918_081034.jpg

Hello,
I wanted to make sure I did indeed introduce myself.

I am Ken from East Central Illinois and riding a new 2013 NC700X.

I purchased this new and it is a 2013, still on the dealers floor.

It had been run by the staff for lunches and a few demo's and had 575 miles on it.

Within 36 hours it had a anti-freeze leak and they put a new water pump on her and off I rode
and no leaks.
They like me there and I buy a lot of bikes and stuff from them. They would treat anyone the same way.

I like this bike a lot. Hope to put some miles on her this summer.

Take care,

Ken

Welcome sorry to hear you had trouble with your motorcycle so quickly but it's great that your problem was resolved just as quickly. Enjoy your NC and your summer

shapemaster:

Welcome to the NC700 Forum!
You will find a lot of good info regarding your new bike.
Sorry to hear of the leak but it is great to hear they took good care of you.
Hope you put a lot of fun miles on your NC.
Let us all know what you are thinking about your new ride and how things are going.
I do not rev mine real high trying to keep revs and speed within reason and I have topped 81 miles per gallon on a tank or two.
Don't forget, it will take a thousand miles or so to break in the bike and then things will get a little better.
Have a great day and a great Summer!

God bless!!

Michael

Hello Everyone, I will be picking up a 2012 NC700X Saturday. It'll be the fourth bike that I have owned. The last three were: an 08 Ninja 250, a 2010 FZ6R, and the bike I'm trading for the NC is an 06 Roadstar 1700. I look forward to learning more about this bike from you all. I do all of my own maintenance as well. Except for mounting tires, that's just too much work!

New Owner of a 2016 Demo Bike

Hi all!
New owner here. I've been interested in the NC700 for a long time and did a test ride on a 2015 model. It was a bit clunky when shifting but the first time I came to a stoplight and didn't have to hold in the clutch I was so joyful I started laughing out loud!
I saw the silver 2016 at the Long Beach bike show and had been trying to get a test ride ever since, with no luck. When I saw the new 2017 model in red I knew it was time to purchase, but I wasn't able to find a red one for the past 3 months! My local dealer couldn't even track one down for me.

Today as I was (once again) checking out Cycletrader.com I finally found the right bike for me. Not a new bike, but a 2016 demo bike that has its full one-year warranty. About 1600 miles, it's had it's first service and even came with the OEM rear luggage rack. As much as I love the look of the new red model I didn't hesitate, as I knew my bike was in need of some heavy servicing. I had seen the 2017's going for $8299 +taxes and fees. I got my bike for just $7266 OTD.

I am coming from a 2009 Ninja 650R that I bought new in 2010. I kept it pretty stock, though I had the rear sprocket changed to lower the rpms when on the freeway and added a touring screen. It had 33,000 miles on it and was starting to go. Light bulbs were failing and it recently started leaking oil from a gasket. I don't do serious maintenance, but I knew it was going to cost about $1000 just to get it into sell-able condition, so I traded it in for just $1200. It served me well for over 7 years but it was time for a change. I liked its power but after riding my bike today I think I'll be fine with the new bike!

I like the upright riding position a lot. I'd been tempted by the new 2017 Ninja 650, with its lighter weight and slipper clutch, but it just wasn't what I was wanting.
I'm looking into a new windscreen and seat, as the 27 mile ride home told me I'd be needing that soon. I'm also pretty set on getting the power port in the frunk and a rear trunk. I found, after a few tries, that my new helmet can fit inside the frunk. And I even managed to get my Kwik Cover installed.

Shared album - Andy C - Google Photos

Looking forward to learning more about this bike and its available accessories. Looks like there's a lot more options available than there are for the Ninja 650.
Cheers!

Back