• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Greetings! I'm one of those people that joined, but didn't do the intro thing, so here I am now! My name is Jim. I am retired, and split my time between Minnesota and Arizona. I've been riding for about 50 years, starting on dirt bikes when I was about 15. A couple of years ago I crashed hard, and since lost my enthusiasm for dirt riding. So now, I've got a bum left leg/foot, and I'm finding my 650 and 1000 V-Stroms too tall and too heavy to manage. I've been thinking that, with the low CG and no shifting, the NC700 DCT might make a good replacement. I look forward to reading the forums and soaking up some of the wisdom that is posted here. Thanks in advance....

Greetings! I'm one of those people that joined, but didn't do the intro thing, so here I am now! My name is Jim. I am retired, and split my time between Minnesota and Arizona. I've been riding for about 50 years, starting on dirt bikes when I was about 15. A couple of years ago I crashed hard, and since lost my enthusiasm for dirt riding. So now, I've got a bum left leg/foot, and I'm finding my 650 and 1000 V-Stroms too tall and too heavy to manage. I've been thinking that, with the low CG and no shifting, the NC700 DCT might make a good replacement. I look forward to reading the forums and soaking up some of the wisdom that is posted here. Thanks in advance....

Welcome to the forum Jim. Your going to love this forum, knowledgeable people here that conduct themselves in respectable ways. Where abouts in MN are you from? I'm north of you in Kenora ON, two hours north of International Falls MN. Must be great to be retired. I still have about 8 more years before I can call it quits.

Hey all, FNG here.

My name is William and I live in Indiana, just outside of Chicago.

I'm an ER Nurse (yes, and I still ride!) and work the night shift.

My bike is a Brand New 2014 NC700X (NON-DCT). Poor baby sat unloved in a showroom for three years.

I bought it a couple of weeks ago, and rode 130miles home from the dealer. So nice to be back on a bike.

My first bike was an 87' Honda Shadow 500. It was my dads, and he gave it to me when I turned 16. I rode the snot outa that thing. Had to sell it when the ex got pregnant with our oldest.

Well, now she's gone and the bikes are back!

Happy new NC owner

Hi, Im Paul from Roseville California, I've been a NC700 owner for about three weeks. Previously, I was riding a Piaggio BV250ie tourer for the last 8 years and decided to get a little more powerful bike with an automatic. I have wrists/hand problems and it's gotten worse with time, so I can't ride a clutch bike any longer. So far I love my NC DCT. I bought an older 2015 model but brand new, it was about 2000 bucks off. It was so easy to get used to the automatic and manual modes. On my first adventure ride I took the NC to Lake Tahoe. It was about a 250 mile ride total. I hadn't modified anything at that time except the grips, I wrapped them with Fizik bike tape. The Tahoe ride was exhilarating and fun. But, my stock bar position seemed too far to reach for my wrists and hands and I had a lot of numbness and tendon aches after the ride. My butt hurt a lot as well, as many report, after the first 50 or so miles. I needed to get off several times which was fine because the views were spectacular. The performance was better than I expected and the NC zipped over the 7000 foot Donner pass with ease taking curves like a champ. I did a lot of research on-line, and thanks to so many thoughtful, helpful and informative threads on this and other forums, I found out how to fit my NC700 to my ergonomic needs.
Since Tahoe, in the last two days, I've installed 2" Rox pivoting risers, and a SpeedMetal Medium gel pad, and this afternoon added a Puig windscreen. Man! does it feel nice now! I ride only in dry weather usually and on paved roads. I don't commute - retired, and I take only day long rides at the most, so I don't really need the other additions. It seems set up nearly perfect ergonomically. I suppose I could get some bar additions or a grabber for the rear tire, but for now I'm just having a blast with my new motorcycle. Peace
IMG_6074.jpgIMG_6301.jpg

Last edited:
Hey all, FNG here.

My name is William and I live in Indiana, just outside of Chicago.

I'm an ER Nurse (yes, and I still ride!) and work the night shift.

My bike is a Brand New 2014 NC700X (NON-DCT). Poor baby sat unloved in a showroom for three years. ��

I bought it a couple of weeks ago, and rode 130miles home from the dealer. So nice to be back on a bike.

My first bike was an 87' Honda Shadow 500. It was my dads, and he gave it to me when I turned 16. I rode the snot outa that thing. Had to sell it when the ex got pregnant with our oldest.

Well, now she's gone and the bikes are back!
��

Welcome from another Hoosier (even though I am down south, where the good riding roads in Indiana are located :)). You buy the bike in Indianapolis or in Terra Haute? (both are about 130 miles from Highland).

Picture from a few miles north of me:

Last edited:
Hi all new to this forum thing.
My name is adzy I'm from Melbourne just picked up my new 750x and love it.
I didn't even test ride it I like it more than my old BMW 800 St.
I just put a new Puig touring screen on it and heated grips as I commute everyday rain, hail or shine.
So hello!!

Hello to all

I hail from Illinois in the United States of America.

I live in Corn Fields that stretch for as far as the eye can see. Black dirt, the best in the world for growing about anything.
But, we have a "checker board square" road system here because of our farms and flat ground the likes you've perhaps never seen.
So, for us, we ride across the state line into Indiana, smell the fresh air of freedom and ride their well maintained twisty roads in a state
that pays it's bills, is not bankrupt and is God's Country for riding.

I own a manufacturing business, we do plastic molding, design engineering, CNC machining and Routing and also all the finishing work to create very nice products. We are trying to maintain manufacturing in the U.S. as best as possible and employ people with good wages. It's not always easy but we've been doing it for 36 plus years.

I purchased a new 2013 NC700X Honda this week and test rode this bike back in the fall of 2012. These bikes just don't sell well in the United States for some odd reason. I think they are wonderful and loved it the first time I took it out.

I've toured the United States on Harley's and other bikes and have ridden the Tail of the Dragon almost every year for ten years.

Let's have some fun!

Welcome to the forum Jim. Your going to love this forum, knowledgeable people here that conduct themselves in respectable ways. Where abouts in MN are you from? I'm north of you in Kenora ON, two hours north of International Falls MN. Must be great to be retired. I still have about 8 more years before I can call it quits.

Southeast Minnesota, along the Mississippi River, about 75 miles south of The Twin Cities....

Just took a ride down that way last Sunday. My brother and one of my classmates from my MSF basic Rider course joined me. Went a little south of Winona on the MN side, then back north on the WI side. Breakfast in Prescott at the Brickyard and lunch at the Garden Pub in Pepin. Then back to the Twin Cities.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hey everybody,

New member from central Maryland here. Just picked up a 2013 NC700XD off Craigslist the other day and I'm in love with it, can't wait to take it camping next month.

The guy I bought it from was sad to sell it because it was his last street bike, so it was like the end of an era for him. But by the time I left with the bike we agreed to do the TAT in a few years, so the era continues!! His wife is gonna hate me.

Hi everyone :)

Freshly registered, although I was lurking the forums for quite a while. Lot of useful info on here. This spring I became owner of new NC750D Integra and I am really enjoying the ride. In the recent past I rode Suzuki V-Strom DL650, Honda Varadero XL1000V, but I also own Aprilia SR MAX 300 scooter. Hopefuly, I will be able to contribute some of my experiences as well from now on so this great NC comunity can grow in knowledge even more.

Keep rolling lads :)

This spring I became owner of new NC750D Integra and I am really enjoying the ride. In the recent past I rode Suzuki V-Strom DL650, Honda Varadero XL1000V, but I also own Aprilia SR MAX 300 scooter. Hopefuly, I will be able to contribute some of my experiences as well from now on so this great NC comunity can grow in knowledge even more.
Welcome from Oregon and congrats on your new bike. We all will welcome your addition to our information base that only improves all of our riding experiences.

Ray

Hello from Northeast Ohio.

I've been riding since 1964. Last fall I bought a 2012 NC700X. It was pretty much farkled out when I bought it. It has Cibie running lights, heated grips, Givi engine guards, Corbin seat, rear tire hugger, Metzler tires, new battery, Honda tall windshield, centerstand, Honda rear carrier, Givi top case with a backrest and a brake light, Honda saddlebags with the color match side panels. I've added a radiator guard, GPS mount and forward foot pegs. I have a front fender extender to install and I will soon buy a set of handlebar risers. In 2,100+ miles of riding it has averaged 68.3 mpg.

Back