• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hello Everyone!

Just purchased a NC700x and I'm still waiting to pick it up from the dealership. It's been in the 20's here in Jersey but I'll be bringing it home within the week. It's a 2014 leftover with no miles on it being stored in the back of the dealership. Got a great deal on it. Hope to maybe meet some guys to ride with on this site. I've been riding all of my adult life but stopped about 5 years ago when my Aprilia just needed to much work to dump any more money into. It had about 80k miles on it. Anyway, this was purchased more as a commuter bike and to get back into riding because I miss it so much. Have a great day guys!
Jon

Welcome from Portland, OR. It's definitely doable to meet up with people here to ride with. Just went on a ride with 3 others from the forum this past Sunday.
FWIW, I got 67.8 MPG on our ride, based on gassing up right before and soon after. Great little bike.

I've been on this site since buying my NC700XD last summer, but never stopped by to introduce myself.

I live in an Atlanta suburb and am primarily a commuter rider.

But, I've been farkling the crap out of my NC. I'll try to post more farkling adventures to "give back" a little to the forums.

- David

Hello Everyone!

Just purchased a NC700x and I'm still waiting to pick it up from the dealership. It's been in the 20's here in Jersey but I'll be bringing it home within the week. It's a 2014 leftover with no miles on it being stored in the back of the dealership. Got a great deal on it. Hope to maybe meet some guys to ride with on this site. I've been riding all of my adult life but stopped about 5 years ago when my Aprilia just needed to much work to dump any more money into. It had about 80k miles on it. Anyway, this was purchased more as a commuter bike and to get back into riding because I miss it so much. Have a great day guys!
Jon
Welcome to the forum from Vermont and good luck with the new-to-you bike. The 2014's like mine had several recalls, run your VIN at this website to see if the bike has outstanding recalls:

Recall Information - Honda Powersports

The dealer will fix them for free.

How do I leave, sign off permanently, become a non-member, delete myself from this forum? I don't feel welcome and have discovered that I have nothing to offer...

Where do I go to become a permanent non-member?

Thanks for your help.

How do I leave, sign off permanently, become a non-member, delete myself from this forum? I don't feel welcome and have discovered that I have nothing to offer...

Where do I go to become a permanent non-member?

Thanks for your help.

I have actually banned you and unbanned you several times. I wasn't sure what to do. Thanks for making my decision easier. Consider it done.

Greetings from Central IL. I just picked up a new unsold 2013 on Monday. Got a great deal on it. I love the bike so far and have about 300 miles on it (still breaking it in lol). The seat is definitely going to need upgraded or modded as I am a big guy, but that is my only complaint. I look forward to being a member of the group.

Mike B

Hey guys and gals. I don't have an NC yet, but I thought I'd introduce myself anyway. I've been researching and have been to the dealer several times to sit on one. I'm really enjoying reading about all of your adventures on this board! Sounds like a great bike and I can't wait to get mine later this year. I'm currently riding a Victory bagger, so the NC will be a great second addition to the family. If there's anyone in central California who wants to ride, hit me up. I would love to see the NC perform on the road in person. Thanks.

Hey guys and gals. I don't have an NC yet, but I thought I'd introduce myself anyway. I've been researching and have been to the dealer several times to sit on one. I'm really enjoying reading about all of your adventures on this board! Sounds like a great bike and I can't wait to get mine later this year. I'm currently riding a Victory bagger, so the NC will be a great second addition to the family. If there's anyone in central California who wants to ride, hit me up. I would love to see the NC perform on the road in person. Thanks.
I live in Los Banos and plan on riding Yosemite sometime this summer, I'll send you a message when I figure out when.

Hello Greg! Sounds like you and I may have to get together for a coffee sometime this summer. PM me anytime. I do not have much time in the spring and fall since I work in agriculture. I look forward to meeting and chatting with you in the future.

Mike B

Hey folks, just joined and by way of an intro I'm a motorcycling latecomer (turning 50 this year) who has only just taken the two-wheel plunge. Of course I'm addicted already. :)

I started with a new CBR300R last year and quickly moved up to a used NC750X that I am gearing up for a cross-Canada charity ride this year - Canada Ride for Kids

If it's OK with the moderators I'll start a thread for gearing up the bike and maybe post some updates of the 10,000km ride as I go. Fun times ahead.

Hello JasonS we met after the Honda Demo ride, nice to see you have signed up and welome to the forum. We're going for a little ride tomorrow, meeting at Aylmer Tim Hortons 10:30 am if you wanna ride along.

Hello,

I'm Travis from Madison, WI. I'm thinking about getting an NC here maybe next week. I have a friend with one that will let me test ride his next week and if I like it I'll be picking one up. Currently I have a '94 CB1000 BigOne and an '05 DR-Z 400. I used to have an '05 BMW F650CS.

I'm looking to ditch the BigOne if I like the NC. I wanted something lighter (the CB is almost 600lbs with a full 5.8 gal on board) and with FI.

I joined the forum to look preemptively for issues and mods. It seems there is the usual budget bike issues like seat and suspension. Any friendly member want to point me towards some threads of common mechanical issues or must-have mods?

Thanks,
Travis

----

Greetings from Chicagoland. A few weeks ago I picked up a NOS 2015 DCT model in red. I love it. I sold my Triumph 1050 Sprint ST that I rode for nine years and many thousands of happy trouble free miles. But, these old knees of mine aren't what they used to be, and my need/desire to slow down prompted me to sell the Sprint. I was always, and I mean always, speeding on that bike.

The NC is a very decent motorcycle and I am slowly but surely making it mine. I took my seat to ADVANCED Custom Design ::: Motorcycle Seats and Saddlebags ::: Harley Davidson ::: Exotic Skins, Alligator, Crocodile, Calf-Skin, Leather, Ostrich, Python, Stingray, Custom Made Motorcycle Seats where he did a re-contour (raised the front) and added a pro pad to it, which has made it all day comfortable. I put some seal savers on that I secured with 11" velcro cable organizers instead of the provided zip ties, which allows me to easily remove them for cleaning. I ordered the Honda center stand and will install it when it arrives, and have some Bridgestone 023's on the way. I really don't like the stock tires....At All!!

I already have a nice Revpack seat pack that I used on my Sprint, and it fits perfectly to the NC's pillion. I also ordered a Delkevic 9" stainless oval slip on, and in a couple months I'll probably go with a hyperpro street box kit for my suspension upgrade. I haven't figured out what to do about the windshield, maybe nothing, air management can be a tricky thing. I guess that's about it.

I became a huge fan of not shifting a two wheeler when I bought a Piaggio BV350 scooter from my next door neighbor. He only put on 500 miles in two years so I got it for a song. Very nice scooter! Of course it's a CVT, but a very nice one that has a wet clutch instead of a centrifugal dry clutch. What this means is the BV350 launches immediately, no waiting for the motor to spool up and engage. Of course the DCT is very different from a CVT, but the no shifting aspect of the DCT is what sold me. I could go on and on...........

Ciao for now

===

Back