• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hi I'm Dean
Already posted one post but thought I'd say hello from blighty (England).
NEw B&W NCT700x DCT - love it
Look forward to hearing from anyone who want s to comment etc.

Hello Dean
Welcome to this den....
White looks good, but only when clean.
:D
~Joe

I've been lurking on this forum for a few days, all the while getting closer and closer to probably going for a DCT version NCX. I've got about another week until I can find out if I can ride again right away or if I have to wait longer. Neck injuries are a pain in the... well, they're a pain in the neck! No test rides for me until at least next Tuesday (9/18) when I talk with the neurosurgeon for hopefully the last time.

I'd originally been dead set on one of those newish Tiger 800 roadie versions, but the more I read about the Honda NC700X, the more I like the idea. I did get to sit on an NCX at one of the local dealers, and that part seemed just fine. Nice size, perfect ergos for me (at least while standing there straddling the bike), and it didn't feel anything like as top heavy as my previous main ride, although it's about the same weight. My prior go-to bike was my '09 Buell Ulysses, but alas, we parted ways just north of Coolidge, Arizona this past April.

Now if I can just get the go-ahead from the doc next week, and manage to cage a test ride from one of the local dealers. That should help me decide - I scored a test ride on the Triumph Tiger in 2011, and I really liked it, but the two are not really comparable bikes, and I won't buy another without a test ride. At least I've still got my trusty old Suzuki M50 parked outside, if the decisions and/or the waiting get too tough... It's been waiting patiently for me to climb back on, anyway.

I've been lurking on this forum for a few days, all the while getting closer and closer to probably going for a DCT version NCX. I've got about another week until I can find out if I can ride again right away or if I have to wait longer. Neck injuries are a pain in the... well, they're a pain in the neck! No test rides for me until at least next Tuesday (9/18) when I talk with the neurosurgeon for hopefully the last time.I'd originally been dead set on one of those newish Tiger 800 roadie versions, but the more I read about the Honda NC700X, the more I like the idea. I did get to sit on an NCX at one of the local dealers, and that part seemed just fine. Nice size, perfect ergos for me (at least while standing there straddling the bike), and it didn't feel anything like as top heavy as my previous main ride, although it's about the same weight. My prior go-to bike was my '09 Buell Ulysses, but alas, we parted ways just north of Coolidge, Arizona this past April.Now if I can just get the go-ahead from the doc next week, and manage to cage a test ride from one of the local dealers. That should help me decide - I scored a test ride on the Triumph Tiger in 2011, and I really liked it, but the two are not really comparable bikes, and I won't buy another without a test ride. At least I've still got my trusty old Suzuki M50 parked outside, if the decisions and/or the waiting get too tough... It's been waiting patiently for me to climb back on, anyway.
Hello and welcome!Hope you get the ok from the doc! Call me Joe.

Hi
This is my first street bike and I am really enjoying it.
Im glad I found this site, as im sure the thoughts of many can help us all!!!

Hi
This is my first street bike and I am really enjoying it.
Im glad I found this site, as im sure the thoughts of many can help us all!!!
Hi Jarvis

Welcome to the den and boy are you right about this is a street bike! A great one too!
Some here will try to go off road (off Tarmac ) though.
stick around and post pics and vids please.
~Joe

:cool:

I was hoping to save this first post for when I'll get the NC700X, but got all excited to realize that this a great site created by a Canuck. So, I am from Calgary and looking for a mid-size "do everything efficiently" bike. I took the NC700x as well as the new 650 Strom for a test ride a while ago and liked them both, even though a little better the NC. I work in advanced technologies and make parts for fuel cell vehicles, so the environmental aspect of my rides is quite important for me. Until we can make them to run on hydrogen, I'll have to settle for an efficient and very well engineered bike.
Parigi

TRose, congratulations on your recent acquisition, and welcome to Team Honda. Hope to see you around the forum. If I don't, I'll assume you're out riding... that's what you're supposed to do.

Howdy group...
Just picked up my 2012 NC700x on Saturday
birthdayride002_zpsdd9a5716.jpg
Traded in my 06 Vstrom DL1000 with over 62.000 miles....
2012-09-09153758.jpg

Last edited:
Hello forum members, my name is Bert, I live in north Idaho,USA. I bought my Honda nc 700x two weeks ago, I love this motorcyle. The dealer that I bought this nc from told me to drive my nc easy for the first 600 miles during the break in, which I have bene doing, I have not rode my nc faster than 60 mph, during the break in miles. By not going over 60 mph duing the break in I received 80 mpg on my first tank on gas. 220 miles, 2.75 gas used for 80 mpg.

John from Tift County, GA, USA. Currently have a 2011 FZ1 but seriously thinking about the NC700X and where better to learn than a NC700X forum. Looking to ride one at a reasonably close Honda dealer. The thinking behind the NC is intriguing. Honda had some bikes that didn't go over well in USA lately but this one has a good chance of doing well, especially in the current financial climate.

John from Tift County, GA, USA. Currently have a 2011 FZ1 but seriously thinking about the NC700X and where better to learn than a NC700X forum. Looking to ride one at a reasonably close Honda dealer. The thinking behind the NC is intriguing. Honda had some bikes that didn't go over well in USA lately but this one has a good chance of doing well, especially in the current financial climate.

Come on in, the water's fine. I can't wait to see a socially irresponsible Barrett .50 mounted on an NC to replace the ineffective stock horn.

Hello everyone. I'm picking up my NC on Tuesday though I don't have my MSF yet, so I'll have to wait a weed to ride it. Very excited.

Back